Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Taco Tuesday 🌮 — October Product Updates

Howdy Atlassian Community!

I’m Erika, a product marketer on Trello. I’m excited to kick off the first monthly round up of the latest and greatest from our Trello Product teams. May I suggest you enjoy reading these Trello updates over a fresh warm taco? 🌮 😉

Taco eating a taco.jpeg

Here are the top three updates that you’ve might have missed in Trello:

1. New search filters on Advanced Search 🔎

We are excited to announce the addition of search filters to Trello’s Advanced Search Page. Expedite the path to find your relevant content across your boards by checking out these new features:

• Search for cards on a specific board

• Sort results by creation date

• Filter cards to the last 24 hours, 1 month, or 1 year

• Do not show closed boards and closed cards

• Show results from starred boards

• Search through card descriptions

image-20231024-050342.png

The intention of the Advanced Search Page (and filters) is to allow users to dive a bit deeper into their search than what’s available in the search component on the Trello board. These filters enable users to execute more precise searches, providing quicker access to desired content.

🌮 Taco Tip: You can also navigate to the Advanced Search Page after selecting Advanced Search from the search drop down on a Trello board.

2023-10-23 21.57.58.gif

2. Trello AI beta features for Standard and Premium users 🤖

The future is here 🔮 — or more specifically, Atlassian Intelligence has arrived! Multiple Atlassian products have released beta features for their users, including Trello for Standard and Premium customers. Now, you’ll be able to brainstorm, summarize, and improve content within your Trello card’s description and comments.

Excited to try these new AI features in your Trello cards? Check out this Community post to learn more and how admins can begin to enable it in your team’s workspace!

🌮 Taco Tip: Watch @Brittany Joiner's fun Youtube video of her review of the Trello AI and for a visual of how to enable it in your workspace

3. Coming soon: Filter improvements to your boards ✨

You thought we were finished talking about Trello filters this month? Not quite! The Trello Product team is ecstatic to announce improvements to the Filters feature on Trello boards. We’ve heard your feedback that you may unknowingly land on a filtered version of your board and worry that your cards have gone missing. We get it — it can be confusing to see a limited subset of cards (or no cards) show up!

The Product team has implemented several changes aimed at making the display of filtered boards more transparent and understandable:

• Filter Notification Upon Loading - Upon opening a filtered board, a notification will appear in the bottom left corner to inform you that filters have been applied. Additionally, you have the option to remove these filters directly from here.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 10.07.45 PM.png

• “X cards match filters” - When a filter is applied, we updated the text beneath the list title to read ‘X cards match filter’ instead of simply ‘X cards.’ This adjustment enhances clarity by explicitly indicating that the displayed cards are the ones matching the applied filter."

image-20231024-050839.png

🎃 Be on the look out for this new feature being rolled out to all users the rest of October 🎃

🌮 Taco Tip #1: Are you collaborating on a large board with lots of cards? Hit ‘Q' on your keyboard to activate 'Quiet' mode. This will filter the board to only display the cards you’re a member of. This shortcut streamlines your view and allows you to focus more efficiently on your tasks.

🌮 Taco Tip #2: Want a fast way to tally up the total number of cards in each list? Simply click on filters and enter '*' as a keyword.

Questions or concerns? Feel free to comment on this post below👇 or reach out to our awesome Trello Support team.

7 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2023

I love the "This board currently has filters applied"! This is going to be so useful for folks as we see a lot of questions about wondering where their cards went and it turns out filters were on!

(Of course I am excited about the AI - as you can see in my video haha)

Also this advanced search is so helpful for when I can't remember which board (or list) I put something on 😂 Those search filters will really help drill down what we need. 

OH and i had no idea that's what the Q stood for!! I knew that was the shortcut, but didn't know it was quiet mode haha. Also my mind is currently blown with * .... I've been using List Limits or Dashcards when I need to count number of cards 😂 this is gamechanging!! Thanks @Erika Storli 

Like # people like this
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2023

Hope this means that Filters will be able to filter for stuff in Checklists soon, like how Advanced Search does by default.

Glad Search/Filters are getting overhauled, it always felt like a surprisingly stunted feature in comparison to everything else. Very glad we're moving further and further away from the terrible days where I'd export to csv and open it in excel, just to be able to search through my content on Trello...

Like # people like this
Priscila N. Arakaki November 6, 2023

Want to hide some lists on the board (I mean: to show just the ones I'm currently working with. And not affecting the way other members in my team see this board).

The problem is, Trellist extension broke down. 

https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/27539/how-do-i-hide-and-show-entire-tasks-lists-in-trello

Does Trello have any other way to do that?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

@Priscila N. Arakaki you could try using Filters - it won't hide the lists exactly, but it will hide all cards that don't meet those specific filters. You could say "cards assigned to me, due this week" and that would only show your cards you're working on.

Priscila N. Arakaki November 6, 2023

Not sure this will help because our office decided to divide the tasks by lists (one list/activity by person)... but I'll give it a try. Thank you!!

Ernst Fortunits November 25, 2023

Guten Morgen!

Wieder eine ERleuchtung - schön langsam weiss ich wo ich suchen muss.

Ich (und mein ungebetener Gast "Mr. Parkinson") grüßen die WElt und Brittany sowie Erika!!!

fernando serrano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2023

Hola Erika, buenas tardes. me llamo Fernando Serrano, de la provincia de Córdoba, Argentina. Estamos interesados en obtener una demostración de las funcionalidades y su potencial de la herramienta Trello, para extrapolarlo a todos los proyectos de la empresa. Pero no encontramos algún proveedor en Córdoba. De casualidad, podrias proporcionarnos algún dato de algun proveedor de Trello por estos lados por favor? Muchas gracias.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events