[Trello Holiday Calendar] Day 8: Favourite Power-Ups

day-8-fav-power-ups.png

Wow, December is flying by so quickly, day 8th of the Trello Holiday Calendar already, I am learning so much from the posts each day!

When I chose to share my favourite Trello Power-Ups with you, I realized my favourite three are still the same from back in 2019 when I wrote an article called "My Love of Trello Power-ups". Call me a creature of habit, there are hundreds of other Trello Power-Ups available, but these are still my top three ♡ 

1) The Card Aging Power-Up (I like pirate mode) is super useful especially for those who enjoy visualizing - I turn it on about once a month to have a quick glance at cards that have not been actioned in a while. This helps me put my attention on tasks that may have been “back-burnered” due to other priorities, and I can then re-prioritize and action them.

card aging.jpg

2) The Calendar Power-Up is also an excellent way to visualize your Trello boards by week or month, based on the due dates you assign to each card and by using the filter feature. This has helped me have a bird’s eye view of my due dates so that I can accomplish my tasks strategically, like a game of chess.

cal-month.png

3) The Card Repeater Power-Up for Trello automates the creation of Trello cards for repeated tasks, giving you one less thing to have to think about. Simply set the schedule on a card and Trello will automatically make an exact copy of that card at the given date and time. I use the card repeater for my daily workouts, so that each morning it appears in my Today list. That way it is top of mind so I ensure I squeeze a workout into my daily schedule, which helps me keep exercise a priority each day. I also use it for monthly and weekly tasks like a Bring Forward (BF) system - tasks I don’t need to look at everyday but they magically appear on my board when I need to action them.

card repeater.png

I would love to hear your favourite Trello Power-Ups in the comments below, and which ones have been gamechanging for you! 

Thanks Brittany for this awesome Trello Holiday Calendar, and for the opportunity to be part of it! Happy Holidays to you all ♡

7 comments

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 8, 2021

I loved it. My Trello has Card Aging Power-Up; for me is one of the besties, perfect fit.

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Pirate mode for Card Againg Power-Up is FOR SURE the coolest :) Thanks @Jodi LeBlanc this is awesome!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

Thanks to you both! I am happy to hear you both find the card aging power-up as useful as I do :)

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 8, 2021

Anytime @Jodi LeBlanc 🤩 , and yes, it's so useful here!

I love it!

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

I'm new to trello and I'm really enjoying the series to learn all the cool functionality!.

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

Glad to read your post @Jodi LeBlanc ! Hope everything is well!

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Thanks so much @Fadoua hope all is well with you too! 💙

Like Fadoua likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events