Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Trello Holiday Calendar] Day 19: Cascade due date changes in dependent cards

day-19-cascading-due-dates.png

Have you planned a complex project in Trello in detail, just to get a phone call two days later: "Sorry, but we won't make it with X that week. Let's reschedule.". Suddenly, all the actions dependent on X have to be postponed. What then? Do you go to every single card and adjust the due date, one after another, silently praying you won't make a math mistake? Well, you don't have to. There is an easier way with Bulk Actions Power Up.

191201.PNG

Open the Power-Up, select all the cards with relevant due dates, choose "Due date" in the top menu and choose "shift by..." when modifying the date. A handy overview section will allow you to double-check for any possible errors. Click the confirm button and you are done! It's that easy.

How do you find all the cards that need updating? There are a number of options. Adding a "[Project Name] |" before the card name or applying a specific label to the cards in question are just some examples. With Bulk Actions, you can do it with a single click and then quickly find them with advanced filtering functionality. If you have not tried it before, give it a go: Bulk Actions Power Up

2 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

@Alex G_ thanks for the post! This is super handy - I've had so many people ask me how to change due dates based on another date changing. This is so helpful!

Like Alex G_ likes this
Alex G_ December 20, 2021

Thank you for the kind words, Brittany. I hope you are right, and this will be of help to the community :-)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events