Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

[Trello Holiday Calendar] Day 10: How I control my monthly repetitive task list with a ruler

Within the organization of my daily tasks, I have a list of monthly repetitive tasks.
I started using PowerUp Card Repeater. It is great for many things, for example team meetings.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

But in my case I opted for another option because there were some tasks that were not exactly monthly, for example "Make an appointment at the hairdresser's" 

And the tasks were accumulating because the card was created before I had finished the previous one.

So I opted for the following:
1. Create a list of REPEATING TASKS, and a label of REPEATING TASKS.
2. Set a due date
3. Create a rule that says that when a card with the label REPEATING TASK completes the due date, it is self-scheduled as pending for the following month.

TAREAS REPETITIVAS.gif

What do I get?

1. To have alerts for that task
2. If I have not done it, I see the "red" of the due date that does not let me forget about it (if it is not strictly necessary that it is monthly, of course).
3. And of course that I don't forget to do that task any month! 

I hope this is useful to you. And feel free to share your ideas with me! 😀

5 comments

Thank you @Style and Trends ! From now you know how to control them ;-)

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Dec 10, 2021

@Alicia Filíu Birlanga great idea! I've never thought about doing recurring tasks like this but I love it!!

Like Alicia Filíu Birlanga likes this

Great tip @Alicia Filíu Birlanga! I've had this issue in the past too but not seen a solution before, looking forward to trying it out soon. thanks! 🙌

Like Alicia Filíu Birlanga likes this

@Brittany Joiner thank you! I am so glad you like it! 

@Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ thank you! Please, feel free to tell me if you try it! 

Like Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

1,552 views 27 38
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you