There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team,

Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about the next evolution of the Trello Community!

trello sign.png

(A collection is just a fancy word for a place where folks congregate around shared interests. Cool? Cool. Let’s dive in.)

Things to love about the Trello collection

Access to the best possible solutions.

More than three million people have turned to this little corner of the internet to troubleshoot, share best practices and learn from users of Trello and other Atlassian products.

Content that is searchable.

Forget scrolling for old, buried threads. Here, all of the awesome knowledge-sharing is more easily surfaced with a dedicated search bar and watch functionality. Tags allow members to follow topics they care most about, and personalized daily email digests help keep noise to a minimum.

trello watch.png

Greater reach for the content members are creating.

Every day, Trello users write about how they’re using the tool to help tame the complexity of many different kinds of projects. In the dedicated Trello collection, members can extend their expertise to a global audience and earn the opportunity to have their posts promoted on Trello’s social media channels and beyond.

trello portfolio.png

More previews of what the team is building.

Our product and product marketing teams will be spending a lot more time in the Trello collection, soliciting feedback and driving improvements based on suggestions from the Community. Bonus: We’ll be hosting special programming like AMAs with Trello co-founder, Michael Pryor.

Friend of taco@2x.png

Bragging rights with a piece of virtual Taco flair.

As a thank you for those who decide to join us here in the new Trello Community experience, starting today, we’ll be awarding a limited edition Friend of Taco online badge to members who sign up to watch the Trello collection, drop a helpful comment on one discussion, one article and one question, as well as hit like on three items.

plushie.png

Chances to win free Trello Gold and swag.

The best way to get a party started is to introduce yourself to the other guests, so every person who creates a new discussion in the Trello collection with the tag hello-trello will be entered to win an exclusive Taco plushie, PLUS free Trello Gold for one year. Must-haves: Who you are, what you primarily use Trello for and your best Trello tip. 🎉

What it means

While it has served us well for almost three years, on September 13, 2019, we will be closing the Trello Slack Community. Through interviews and surveys with our most active Slack users, we’ve learned that most of the value in the Trello Community stems from crowdsourcing the best ideas and sparking those lightbulb moments — and not necessarily from one-on-one direct messages. In leaving Slack, we bring all of those conversations from behind a wall in a way that allows many more Trello enthusiasts to benefit. Better collaboration, FTW.

Next steps

You can unlock all of the cool things happening in the Trello collection in one of the following ways:

• Sign in with your current Atlassian credentials.

• Click “Continue with Google” to use your existing Google profile.

If you build on Trello and spend a lot of time in the #developers channel on Slack, you’ll want to check out your own special space on the Developer community.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please drop a comment below or email me at emoss at atlassian dot com. Thank you!

Erica

24 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

Love this!!! So excited for these changes. Going to miss the Slack space, but I can see how it makes so much more sense to have all those great conversations in a more public (and MUCH easier to search) forum!

Also v excited for that Taco Flair, and there's never such a thing as too much trello swag.

Like # people like this
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2019

Huzzah! It's a blast to see this type of step forward for community support. With growth comes change and this is a great new platform to dig around in, find answers needed or ask for help!

I completely agree with you @Brittany Joiner - Slack will be missed and there is NO such thing as too much swag. YAY!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2019

@Brittany Joiner You are the wind beneath my wings, always! Thank you for your continued support. 💗

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2019

@carrie_eandm So glad to see your smiling face here already, Carrie! And I appreciate your enthusiasm. It's important for folks to understand that this decision was made with the input of real community members because if it doesn't work for y'all, it simply doesn't work!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2019

This is amazing news! So happy to have the whole Atlassian family together :)

Like # people like this
Marcos Dias Alves August 12, 2019

Exciting news!!! Love Trello and the user community is fantastic.

Like # people like this
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2019

As I previously told you, it will be awesome to have all in one place! So excited for the news and thank you for featuring my portfolio board :)

Like # people like this
Dominik_Kugelmann August 13, 2019

This sounds like an interesting change.  Looking forward to have an easier time contributing and learning from older stuff than in the Trello Slack.  

Like Erica Moss likes this
Rohland August 13, 2019

@Erica MossThanks for this! Just a quick one - I noticed that the search facility covers all communities, how does one limit the search scope to content within the Trello community?

Gamegenorator August 13, 2019

I don't understand, where is the Trello collection page? Can someone link it?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 13, 2019

@Rohland the best way for now is to add the word Trello to your search.

Like Nancy Creighton likes this
Gamegenorator August 13, 2019

@John Taylor Thanks

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 13, 2019

@Rohland or you can add "&location=category:trello" to the end of your search URL. For example here is a search for Taco.

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

I LOVE Taco! Mainly because of my husky :) 

I'm really excited to get more involved in helping out with Trello. I usually only focus on Jira. I hope to learn something new! 

Like # people like this
John Deisher August 16, 2019

Going to be honest...I am going to miss the conversations in Slack. However, variety is the spice of life they say, so I will look forward to seeing the Trello community advance here.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2019

@John Deisher I hear you, John! Slack is definitely one of my favorite tools as well, but I think you'll quickly find your tribe here — and I'll be guiding y'all every step of the way! 😄 I would encourage you to check out the "Three Things" series where we asked people to share some of the things they wish they had known in their first few days here.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2019

Excited to learn more about Trello and see the community grow.  This should make finding answers for newcomers easier.

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

@Brant Schroeder Right on! I've been on the community for 2 weeks now and already contributed to answers and helped other people. I feel the sourcing for answers is much quicker here than Slack!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 27, 2019

@carrie_eandm that's so great to hear!!

Like # people like this
timvoet August 29, 2019

This is going to make it so much easier to find old tricks and tips.  Slack was great for interacting, but not so much for historical exchanges.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

@timvoet We think so, too!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

Community nerd alert... Fun Man Andy has said HELLO TRELLO --> HERE!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2019

The Trello Community is on fire - it's now coming to ROTTERDAM ! ! 😍🤘
https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/trello-rotterdam-presents-inaugural-nl-trello-event-with-trello-royalty/#/

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events