Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The end of an era: bidding farewell to Trello's original theme

57 comments

Kevin Hu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2023

GIVE US THE OPTION TO REVERT TO THE OLD THEME PLEASE!!!

Like # people like this
Carlos Terrazas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2023

GIVE US THE OPTION TO REVERT TO THE OLD THEME PLEASE!!! I'm still waiting to return the other design option. How incompetent.

Like # people like this
AndrewW September 27, 2023

Jeez, what a mess, eh?

One would hope the Product Manager at Atlassian / Trello got fired for this complete cock-up... But then again, given past experience with Trello, I doubt there was any consequence.

For all those posting about the poor and seemingly random colour palette Trello chose to implement in this update, bear in mind that Atlassian does not employ any trained designers (much less those qualified in human-centred design) — only coders.

Hence, the roll-out of major interface changes with no consultation and no notice. And hence the incredibly poor design decision-making on show in the "updated" Trello product.

It seems to me that all this makes the Trello motto quite clear: "If it works; change it. If it doesn't work; ignore it entirely."

Brace yourself for Atlassian's next interface tweak and the results of their next under-researched, un-thought-through "feature" tinkering exercise...

Like # people like this
lemon guy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 27, 2023

Unironically is there a good replacement to trello? These UI changes are insanely annoying and looking at the fact that these lunatics won't bring back an option to revert the UI I am 100% convinced I need to move to another kanban board alternative. Any suggestions? 

I feel they are purposely ruining the UI at this point just to force ppl to use Jira or some other Atlassian owned tool

Like # people like this
AL-AC
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 29, 2023

You are digging yourself a grave, Trello! By FORCING your users to use the theme and colors that you think everyone wants is not the right way to go about this. You need to leave the option there so that people like me and many others you can see above have a choice, and don't have an unappealing, horribly contrasted boards. 

Seriously, you guys ruined what I assume to be hundreds of thousands of peoples color coding, and it just looks like piss now. Please return the option, you're pissing off a lot of people, and a lot of people are gonna just leave if you continue to poorly manage your site.

By the way, literally WHO asked you to REMOVE the feature of the original? Did you come up with that yourself? I think you should really consider how proud of yourself you should be after looking at all this negative feedback. Put it back, dudes. :/ 

Like # people like this
Cynthia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 16, 2023

I'm late to the hate party but.... THOSE COLORS!!! Not only that, but WHY do you have to tell me the order in which the labels are displayed? I deal with the labels a trillion times a day, what is wrong with letting me just pick how I want them ordered and colored? Ugh.... I'm coming back to Trello after a couple of years off it... and I really don't think I'm going to stay... this is very frustrating!!

Like # people like this
Donna November 21, 2023

@lemon guy I believe Monday.com is the next best thing when comparing the Automations Bultler Trello has with its Premier Users, not to mention the thousands of colours to choose from as well - I will be looking into this soon as Trello does not appear to have an EI in their Customer Service Department [Wait do they even have a Customer Service Department] 🙈

Like Lori likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events