Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantine Machine

I wanted to send a note of thanks to Trello and share a way to use Trello with the community.

The last several weeks have been a challenging time. My wife and I are fortunate to be in good health and be in a position financially where we are not struggling. But that doesn’t mean it is easy. Each day there are physical, mental and emotional barriers to contend with.

One of the main things we discovered is how challenging it can be to remain motivated and to continue to push through obstacles. How can you remain positive when there is so much negativity all around. The isolation also takes an emotional toll. However, very early on, my wife and I developed a plan for how we would use Trello to help us overcome.

First, we created a list called “To Achieve”. In it, we added cards to reflect all of our goals that we wanted to accomplish over the next several months. I set larger financial and health goals along with simple things like cleaning and organizing the house or taking online courses in a field of interest.

Next, we created a list called “Quarantine Machine” which was a way for us to list out each day of the quarantine along with daily tasks we wanted to accomplish. Some were mundane such as cleaning or reading. Others were aspirational such as go for 10 mile hike or complete art project. But each of them allowed us to set daily goals and they all served the purpose of keeping us motivated. Motivated and moving forward. That was the inspiration behind the term machine. Using Trello to organize us and motivate us so that we keep going as an unstoppable force.

Lastly, we created a list called “To go” and within it, we added cards for all the places we wanted to go once we were able to. Again, something to motivate and inspire us to keep moving forward. The places were all ones where we sought to reconnect with loved ones who were to far away over the last few months. We used the boards to collaborate with friends and family and make important plans for the future.

At the two month mark, I just wanted to take a moment to thank Trello for creating these tools and resources. We are still going strong and plan to emerge from all of this better than ever. The daily accomplishments and the mapping out of future goals were and will continue to be our inspiration. We love Trello and appreciate what you have done for us. Hopefully others find it useful as well.

6 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

Love it @John!  Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Community!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

Hi @John 

A Massive Welcome to the Community!

It's so amazing to have you here!

You Got This GIF by CBS All Access

I might have to steal your ideas! As someone who had used Trello for a long time, and who has Business Class (just for myself and my husband), I haven't thought about doing this, so I'm totally stealing these boards!

Don't be a stranger now!

Like # people like this
juan_diaz May 13, 2020

GREAT POST ! GREAT INITIATIVE. 

Yes, indeed Trello is not only about coordinating teams and managing projects. But you can use it in personal basis. Before the COVID19 I use to plan my vacations with my wife, or the plan to even buy a new oven. For this last example we created a template card with a very specific checklist of our needs and that way each model had a card and we finally took the decision based on the card that had all or almost all checked. 

Great idea to use Trello with other focus than business. 
Be safe! We will win this fight! 

Like # people like this
Leslie Gilbert
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2020

I introduced my Husband Trello so that we could stay on top of repairs/improvements around the house big and small. He is extremely plan orientated and I am a fly by the seat of my pants person. This has helped us keep a middle ground as we both work from home now. He can update the cards when I go rouge and skip steps and I can create a card when I want him to do something. I do love the checklist feature, there is something so satisfying in having the item crossed off!

Like # people like this
meghna_singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2020

Thanks for sharing @John !

Like Erica Moss likes this
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2020

Thanks for sharing! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events