[New in Trello] View switcher and table view for boards!

If you're part of a lucky group of testers, you might have already noticed this new feature in Trello, but even if you're not, 100% of folks have access to this new feature today! So get excited because it's all yours!

What is it? 

Well it's two exciting things. 

View switcher 

New buttons that you can add to your board to quickly switch to other board views! (Previously you'd have to click the button next to the board, select the view, and then do the same to go back.)

image.png

So now you can add buttons on your board to quickly navigate to those other views and you can re-order the buttons so they're in whatever order you want.

viewsorting.gif

But wait there's more... is that Table View for boards I see there?

Yes, yes it is!

If you miss your spreadsheets but want to keep Trello, try out the table view. Previously this was only available for Workspace views where you can combine multiple boards and make a table, but now you can view a single board in Table view!

tableview.gif

How do I use it? 

If you don't see access to it, just refresh Trello (if you're like me and constantly have Trello open, you might have to refresh so it pulls the latest updates to see it!) 

Once you see the board button, click the dropdown arrow next to it and check the views you want to include buttons for. You can drag and drop to re-order the buttons. 

Changed your mind and don't want a view? Open the dropdown and just uncheck it!

Want to use the Table view? Just select the Table option, then click that button to see your cards transform into rows, just like a spreadsheet!

I made this video to walk you through the changes and show you how it works.

FAQs

• I don't see this feature on my board. Try refreshing Trello. Still don't see it? Contact support.
  • Do I have to pay to access these views? Yes, nothing is changing about the pricing, but you've always needed to pay to access additional views on Trello. (Check out the Trello Premium plan.) You can access some views, like Calendar and Map views for free with Power-Ups (search for them in the marketplace and they'll create buttons on your board to switch to those views).
  • Can I switch to a view without creating a button? If you want to just go table view or calendar view without creating a button, did you know you can append the name of the view to the end of the URL and go there directly? Like this:
    Kapture 2022-10-06 at 17.41.00.gif
  • I have some thoughts on this new feature! Where should I share those? Check out the "Give us feedback" link at the bottom of the view switcher menu. Please submit your feedback here so the appropriate teams can monitor and adjust! 
    image.png

3 comments

Rihards Donis October 9, 2022

When the table view will have costom fields included?

And could it be possible to make costom fields were you could upload pictures.

Very cool feature would be if you could change color for the pointer in the map view, depending on color of the label. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2022

@Rihards Donis these are all great ideas! You might want to submit a feature request for them at https://trello.com/contact

As far as custom field for pictures - try out attachments! That's basically a field with attachments of images, links, documents, spreadsheets, anything you can think of!

Oh, and also check out Amazing Fields Power-Up. Lots of options for customizing custom fields with that!

Adam Cao
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2022

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events