Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year, New Automations: What's New With Butler

64 comments

victor.birgersson May 19, 2021

Really useful! Thanks for sharing!

Like Chris Kaundart likes this
Daniel Ajenjo May 25, 2021

what good news! for me the most interesting automation is the one related to HTTP Requests.

Paul Mata June 2, 2021

I am just getting started with Butler automation and I'm really excited about some of the ideas in this thread. The house maintenance scheduler is something that I will definitely be implementing on the board I've been manually updating to track maintenance needs at my church for nearly three years now. This is going to save me so much time! Thanks @Davin Studer for sharing that!

Like # people like this
Alexandra Prieto June 11, 2021

Our company loves Trello and Butler has been absolutely indispensable for us. We use Butler to move all of our Completed work to specific cards, as well as to have cards automatically move when certain triggers are used. 

We ARE looking for a way to 'pin' a card at the top of a list so that it stays there [even when another card is moved to that list]. Does anyone know of a Butler rule that could be used to 'lock' a card in position at the top of a list??

Thank you in advance!! Have a great day, everyone!!Screenshot 2021-06-11 123223.png

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2021

@Alexandra Prieto I used to do this for DashCard with a couple of old Butler Bot rules, but the method I used which was to find cards in a list with a "Stick to Top" label doesn't appear to have made it into New Butler yet. It also uses a lot of command runs if your boards are active. This BenkoBot function would do it though:

https://trello.com/c/yBQwfBf7

You can see some other examples in that board of the types of things you can do with BenkoBot (and more to come!). Useful when you can't do something with Butler or one or two of your commands are dominating your quota.

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi @Chris Kaundart 

I have created many different rules, but without a doubt, one of my favorites (simple but very useful) is:

Butler Trello.PNG

Others that I usually use in my personal boards are:

Butler Trello 2.PNG

Alexandra Prieto June 14, 2021

@Iain Dooley Thank you so much! I had heard of BenkoBot, but honestly, haven't looked into it too much! I will definitely be checking it out here shortly and seeing if it is something that our company would benefit from :) 

Thank you for the information and for the response!!

Like # people like this
Chris Kaundart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2021

@Paloma Fondon Araujo love those! Honestly, some of my most active commands are the simplest. They take care of steps I would otherwise have to do every day. I find the small time savings each day really compounds.

@Alexandra Prieto Glad to hear Butler has been so helpful for your team. As @Iain Dooley pointed out, a command to keep a card pinned can definitely use many commands (depending on how often you add cards to the list). I haven't personally had a use case like this, but I would probably attempt it by using Custom Fields (or a label) with a specific value and setting a rule to move that card around. Best of luck as you continue to use and explore Butler Automation!

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Deleted user June 26, 2021

My prefered Buttler, are actions when move card.

help a lot our jobs.

Matthew Tutcher June 30, 2021

Got to be the Scheduled And Due Date Commands, looking deeper into these for my team. Automating as many tasks as possible to allow more time on project work!

Lars Maehlmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

This is a nice so nice I am more on the jira side but I have started to great a daily schedule for my TODOs on Trello.

A list is a calendar week and a card is a day. I am pretty lazy so I created a butler rule to create it automatically and it works smooth and is easy to adjust.

It is still not finish but maybe it helps someone .... (at least me :-) )

every day, create a new card with title "{date}" in list "CW {weeknumber}" and set due today at 12:00 pm 
when a card is added to list "CW {weeknumber}" by anyone, add an empty checklist named "TODOS {isodate}" to the card, and for each card linked from an incomplete item in checklist "TODOs {yesterdayisodate}}" 
Like # people like this
Trini Sanchez July 13, 2021

i could use these updates thanks

Chris Kaundart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Trini Sanchez, the updates shared in this thread are available to every Trello user!

Back in January, we made some paid Butler features free for everyone using Trello. This blog post has more information about how to use these unlocked features.

Since that post, we've actually introduced more new Butler features! You can read about those in this blog post. A short summary for those who don't want to read: we've added more quick action automation to Lists in Trello, enabled Butler to set and modify Start Dates (which work well with Trello's Timeline View), and more.

Like Dan Ivory likes this
Dara Perl July 15, 2021

Very cool!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events