New Editor in Trello

149 comments

Evelyn Vaughn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2022

Hey @Singh, Anshu ! The new editor will be released to all users within the next couple of months, but in the mean time you have the option to turn it on manually in Labs. Please check out @Brittany Joiner 's youtube video to see instructions on how to do so: https://youtu.be/041SZPVP_Ww

Andrew August 10, 2022

@Evelyn Vaughn @Jenny This is a welcome function to the Description field! Are there plans to add the new editor to the Comment field as well? For use cases such as using card comments for note taking - having a WYSIWYG editor available would be super valuable.

Evelyn Vaughn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2022

Hey @Andrew , it's great to hear that the new editor has been helpful in the Description field! I can confirm that there are currently plans to also expand this editing experience to the Comment filed as well.

Like Andrew likes this
Bruce Wang September 8, 2022

Many thanks for adding this feature!!!! You took your sweet time but better late than [never] <:-)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/WYSIWYG-Editor-for-Trello-Cards/qaq-p/763012

Looking forward to the feature on mobile too!

Awesome 

[Post edited by moderator for language]

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Bruce Wang heya, that kind of language isn't really welcome/appreciated around here. (specifically, the word `retarded`. Not sure if you're aware of the negative connations that word has, but if you can avoid using it here, that would be great.) 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Daniele Besana September 16, 2022

Can we leave links as inline by default?

I was used to copy/paste notes from Trello, but now with the links shows using the title, the paste has no link anymore.

Thanks

Cancelo Alvarez September 16, 2022

Heey - thanks for the new Trello update and experience. I find it very advanced. Having used Confluence to write my blogs I find it easy to adapt to the new descriptions tools. 

I just faced an issue with Bold  - when I save my Description card - it adds Bold in most letters even the ones that I had left plain - this makes my content look disorganized.

Thank you 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2022

@Daniele Besana try copying and pasting a URL by pasting without formatting, ie, doing cmd/ctrl + shift + v. Let me know if that works!

Igor Tsemokh November 1, 2022

I am just starting to use the editing tool, and I am really enjoying it. I took a long time to learn alot of the older HTML style formatting, and it took way too much time to make even the smallest changes to a description of a card. The team that I am using this with, are also enjoying the look and functionality of the new editing tool. I didn't realize that it was available for so long!

Can't wait to see what other improvements will be made to the Trello platform.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2022

@Igor Tsemokh that's awesome! glad to hear that!

davidrwood December 2, 2022

How do I drop back to the Markup editor view?

I know I can add markup but it's immediately rendered by the rich-text editor. I know I can view the Markup using the icon on the right of the top-bar.

But how do I edit the Markup directly?

Like # people like this
Brian Speronello December 6, 2022

One of the things I loved about the original markdown editor is that it wasn't picky about the URLs that I entered when hyperlinking text.

For example, I could link from Trello directly to a note in the Evernote app on my desktop by creating a link with the URL [LINK](evernote:///view/XXXXXXX).

But now, it looks like the new editor won't allow you to add any links that are not web links and begin with a http:// or https://. (At least it broke for me whenever I tried to add the app-based links to Evernote.)

It would be awesome to continue having the ability to enter whatever links we want — and let the users deal with the issues of "incorrect" links, rather than trying to babysit us and prevent non-HTTP links.

Like sfkleach likes this
snzer0 December 7, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

@Daniele Besana try copying and pasting a URL by pasting without formatting, ie, doing cmd/ctrl + shift + v. Let me know if that works

This isn't working. I would also prefer links to be inline by default, but an system wide setting would be great (or at least per board) if others don't wish inline to be the default. 

Mina Zardosht December 11, 2022

Please add a feature to change text color.

Like Gráfico likes this
davidrwood December 12, 2022

Is there any way to edit the Markup directly? As plain text? Like there used to be?

Like # people like this
Jamila Weaver December 12, 2022

How do we turn off double spacing with this new format??

All

of

my

text

is 

double

spacing.

It's 

annoying.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

@Jamila Weaver try holding down "shift" as you press enter. not a trello specific thing, but generally tends to work whenever i'm using an editor that does that. 

Like Jamila Weaver likes this
Jamila Weaver December 12, 2022

@Brittany Joiner THANK YOU!!  This worked.

davidrwood December 13, 2022

It'd be great if holding down either Shift or Control didn't enter a double-space since some editors use Ctrl (and the better ones use both so you don't have to remember!).

Gráfico December 14, 2022

ola a todos, se possivel em uma atualização futura, possibilitar a mudanca de cor do texto.

Mac Conin December 14, 2022

How can I deactivate the WYSIWIG editor in the OSX trello app?

Like # people like this
leonardoauer December 15, 2022

Hello I want to disable it, I don't like it. 

please help

Like # people like this
HerikaSecundino December 16, 2022

Muito boa a atualização! Parabéns! Adorei!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2022

@leonardoauer you should be able to go to trello.com/yourUsername/labs and then disable it.

Mac Conin December 19, 2022

Found how to deactivate the wysiwig in the OSX App:

right under the editor is a link . Click on that link.

there are two options, choose the (I guess, its) the second one.

in the german. Ersion, the text is somehow misleading, don‘t know hows in other languages.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events