Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW: Trello Board & Card Templates, Plus Community-Inspired Template Gallery

Hi there, Community!

Jessica here from Trello Product Marketing. As we celebrate 50 million registered users, we're super excited to share several new features available in Trello now that will help you fight against that "starting from scratch" feeling that can be so overwhelming.

As of today, we’re helping you put more ideas into action and maintain consistency in your workflow by introducing Trello board and card templates! In addition, you'll find a fully-fledged community-based template gallery filled with templates from some of your favorite companies, including samples from Atlassian and Trello as well.

What’s A Trello Board Template? 

A template in Trello serves as a master copy for creating boards based on the same structure. This means it’s ideal for replicating a process or workflow. 

All Trello users can create a free public template to share their expertise and workflows with the community. Business Class and Enterprise teams can also create unlimited private, team-visible, and public templates.

Converting Trello board to template

Templates are intended to be primarily educational and less about collaboration. For that reason, comments are turned off and activity feeds are hidden by default.

Highlighting template features

Read up in detail about Trello board templates here: https://blog.trello.com/trello-board-templates-gallery

What’s A Trello Card Template? 

Card templates allow teams to standardize cards on their boards. 

To add a card template simply:

• Click the card template icon at the bottom right corner of any card
  • Click “Create a new template”
  • Name your template and then click “Add” 

Learn more about card templates in this deep-dive blog post: https://blog.trello.com/trello-card-templates

How to create a card template in Trello

Where Do I Find The Trello Community Template Gallery? 

The gallery is accessible right from your Trello home screen, and you’ll also see it pop up whenever you create a new Trello board. You can access it while logged in or logged out of Trello at trello.com/templates

Side panel access to boards and templates in Trello     Creating a Trello board, start with template

For all of the ins and outs of the new Trello board templates and gallery, check out the post on the Trello blog: https://blog.trello.com/trello-board-templates-gallery

3 comments

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

giphy (21).gif

So exciting! I have been LOVING card templates, and they're already an integral part of some of our workplace workflows.

Keep on killin' it, Trello team! 💪

Like # people like this
Corentin Méhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

Really interesting, I already see how I will be able to use some of those templates to find new ways of organizing my boards, or demoing Trello :-)

Like # people like this
Libu B November 28, 2019

#TrelloForLife 🤘

B583820A-2B9A-4E95-A6C6-2B755E71A9E3.gif

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events