Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Mikes Trello Tips - When date is set to a weekend, move to Working Day πŸ—“οΈβ©β©πŸ—“οΈ

Screenshot 2024-02-14 12.41.17.png

Problem...

Trello doesn't make it easy to move dates based on the day it is set...πŸ—“οΈβ©β©πŸ—“οΈ

200w.gif

Yes, you indeed can move dates to and by Working Days but what you can't (easily) do is move the date based on the day it is set...Until NOW

Trello Automation to the Rescue...

Screenrecording2024-02-1412.53.08-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

Note:  While Trello can free up your weekend, it can't help you function on a monday πŸ₯±

2ebdd954c88aca036f4509173077f7df.gif

Setup πŸ”§

You will need a few bits to make this work...

1. For this to work, you want to select a label colour that you will use only for this feature.  Create 1 label (I chose purple) called "Saturday"
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 12.38.16.png
  2. You can only do this with a custom date field, (sorry to those on the free version).  Create a custom date field, I'm calling mine "Due Date Processor"
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 12.41.17.png

Automations βš‘

Automation 1 - Add label based on Due Date Weekday Name

when a due date is set on a card without the purple "regex:/Saturday|Sunday/" label, add the purple "{cardduedateweekdayname}" label to the card

Screenshot 2024-02-14 12.45.45.png

Automation 2 - When Saturday or Sunday Label is added, set the Due Date Processor custom field to the next working day 

when the "regex:/Saturday|Sunday/" label is added to a card, set custom field "Due Date Processor" to "{cardduedate+0wd}", set due date on the date in custom field "Due Date Processor", clear custom field "Due Date Processor", and remove the purple "{labelname}" label from the card

Note: You could also set this to Friday by changing to {cardduedate-0wd}

Screenshot 2024-02-14 12.50.19.png

Automation 3 - This one just removes labels added for Monday-Friday... 

when the purple "regex:/Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday/" label is added to a card, remove the purple "{labelname}" label from the card

Screenshot 2024-02-14 12.49.04.png

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events