Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Just did a 311 page brain dump of all I know about Trello 🧠

I finally did it πŸŽ‰ I wrote a book about Trello!

If you know me, you're probably not surprised by this. 

book-cover.jpg

If you are surprised, then let me introduce myself... πŸ™‡ I'm Trello's #1 fan, a Community Leader, previous Trello Events leader, and Trello Influencer. I have a weekly newsletter where I write about Trello tips and tricks and a YouTube channel where I make content showing how to do all sorts of cool and useful things in Trello (I'm most proud of my automated meal planning process... Trello does pretty much everything but cook the meal for me.)

And I hang out here and answer questions and try to help people figure out how to do just about anything they can imagine with Trello! (Although I've been quiet for the last couple of months while writing a book lately, thank you all for your patience!)

Come join my virtual launch party! πŸŽ‰

I'm hosting a virtual launch party on August 18th at 8:30 AM CST/9:30 AM EST!

I'll be answering questions about Trello, talking about what it's like writing a book, and maybe even doing a reading if folks are interested in that πŸ˜‚.

Want to join? Copy this link to add it to your calendar! (Zoom link included in the calendar invite!!) If that doesn't work - just add your email here and I'll make sure you're included!

So why a Trello book? 

Because I can't clone myself! (Yet).

giphy

In all seriousness, there are a lot of common questions that I see folks asking about Trello, and I love consulting and connecting with folks and even making videos, but I can only do so much, and I can't clone myself quite yet to help everyone use Trello.

Documenting a good bit of my Trello knowledge into a single place that provides a learning guide and path for folks who want to learn Trello made the most sense.

Plus, Packt has been reaching out to me about it, and I felt pretty honored to be seen as an expert and asked to write this!

What's the book about? 

This epic book is the ultimate guide to the magnificent powers of Trello! Whether you're a Trello newbie or a seasoned pro seeking supernatural abilities, there's something for everyone here. It's perfect for professionals, project wizards, entrepreneurial superheroes, students, and anyone on a quest for productivity perfection. No matter your company or role, this book will transform you into a Trello legend, armed with mind-blowing tips and strategies to conquer chaos, collaborate like a boss, and effortlessly achieve greatness!

This book has three parts, with about 5 chapters in each part, so we really dive deep into things. 

1. Trello Foundations (Core components, views, use cases, templates)

2. Automation (All the automation, with specific recipes and scenarios to use them)

3. Power-Ups (Trello Made ones, best general use case ones, syncing ones, and reporting ones!)

2023-08-01 at 20.11.28 - Sapphire Aardwolf.gif

I've been encouraging folks that they don't have to read the whole thing at once. It's great for skimming through when you first get it, and it's meant to be more of a book you keep "forever" and reference what you need as you need it!

How on earth did I do this!?

I'm pretty lucky to have a lot of amazing folks in my corner helping me out. Most notably, my partner, who has really held down the fort for us this year when a lot of my non-job time went to writing, but also had some help from folks here in the community, and I'd like to give them a special shout-out!

@Andy Gladstone  

Andy agreed to be one of my technical reviewers, and I'm not sure he knew what he was getting into when he started πŸ˜‚ Andy is someone I've met through the community and finally got to meet in person this year at Team'23. Although it hardly felt like the first time I met him in person... it felt like reuniting with an old friend! Andy shares my love for Trello and I've enjoyed nerding out about different workflows and tips and tricks, and he's even shown me a thing or two in Confluence! (Andy, maybe you write the next book on Confluence?) He spent so much time reading my chapters, dealing with my writing that I like to think improved a bit over 14 chapters but was still not the easiest to parse through, and he provided such great feedback, all for fun! Like this was a side project for him... he didn't get an advance or royalties! 

@Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_ 

Another fellow community member and founder of Blue Cat Reports (and other awesome Power-Ups like Forms and Import)... Robin Warren was another technical reviewer of mine! I can't even remember how we first met, but I feel like as long as I can remember, Robin and I have been chatting about Trello and Power-Ups and marketing. I created a community of Power-Up developers a couple of years ago, and Robin has been one of the most consistent participants in that community and has always been very supportive of helping me grow in my Trello journey. He helped sponsor my platform fees when I wanted to host a course on Podia- so when I say he's been supportive, he's literally been supportive! Thanks, Robin, for helping, reading everything, and providing feedback. I hope many more folks learn about your useful Power-Ups that have made Trello even better. 

@Lauren Moon 

Although she's no longer at Trello (I'm still crying πŸ˜­), Moonie was another one of my technical reviewers who poured her heart and soul into reviewing my content! Thanks for always fighting for the Trello way and all the time you spent helping Trello remain Trello. And thanks for having a full-time job working with Trello, and then still agreeing to talk more Trello on the side. 

Although I only had three official technical reviewers, many other folks reviewed content and helped provide feedback about specific Power-Ups to ensure I wrote the most accurate information and it was clear to folks! Thanks to @Allen -Amazing PowerUps- for checking the section about Amazing Fields,  Alex with Bulk Actions, and Nick Bouchard with Unito, and @[deleted] with Placker, and Sami with Screenful.

^ If you need good Pup recommendations for Trello, well, there you go. 

And thanks to everyone in the community who has always been so supportive of my Trello journey! (Lookin at you @Jimmy Seddon and @Dreamsuite Mike and @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ and @Rodney Nissen and @Biro and many others...) As well as the Atlassian CommuniTEAM supporting me along the way.... @Monique vdB and @cassieACE and @Stephanie Grice and the whole crew!!)

Okay, I will conclude this love letter to the community with a link to this magnificent book, in case anyone would like to pre-order. :) Print copy will be released on August 11th, so you don't even have to wait long! You know where to find me if you have any questions! I'll see you around and look forward to having more free time to answer your questions here!

29 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2023

Amazing @Brittany Joiner!  I can't wait to read this.  Awesome job!

Like β€’ # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2023

I'm half way through reading it and I love the way it is written.

I will be recommending this to clients any anyone I come across with an interest in Trello.

I'm wishing the book every success, for you @Brittany Joiner because you deserve it but also because everyone who shares the passion for Trello wants to keep it alive, keep it relevant and keep sharing it with all the folks out there.   

Great job 

4598a55e2ed5c0f8a0d7680695f6c7a1.gif

Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2023

Congrats Brittany - what an achievement! You should be really proud :) 

Like Mike said, I'm already part of the way through and it's awesome. I thought I knew Trello but I've definitely picked up a few tips! Will also be recommending it to people as well. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2023

Big hearts and hugs to you all!! Seriously couldn't have done it without you!!

Rachel McDonald August 7, 2023

@Brittany Joiner this is AMAZING!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to read it :) 

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2023

Reading my "reviewer's copy" and getting ready to post my Amazon review when it "goes live".

Also getting ready to order my physical copy so you can autograph it!

Well done, @Brittany Joiner !

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2023

Thank you so much @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ !! I'll bring my signing pen to Team 24!!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2023

And thanks @Rachel McDonald !!! I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2023

This is awesome @Brittany Joiner! I won't be able to join the release party  but I will definitely make sure to mention the book, newsletter and the youtube channel to my users that are migrating to Trello in a couple of weeks. 

Like β€’ Andy Gladstone likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2023

@Mikael Sandberg that's awesome!! that would mean THE WORLD to me!! I appreciate it! (We will party together some other time!)

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2023

Yay🎊 just submitted my review on Amazon and I'm really 'supercharged to explore Trello cards for organizing my work'.  @Brittany Joiner the concepts are easy to understand and made the reading enjoyable and adventurous for me. Good job and welcome to the authors arena❀️.

Hana KučerovÑ
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2023

Wow @Brittany Joiner ! Congratulations !

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

Thank you @Hana KučerovΓ‘ !!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

@G subramanyam and thank you SO MUCH! I appreciate the review and I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!! Glad you're supercharged haha. 

Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2023

Congratulations Brittany. Awesomely written book indeed. 
7211ce32cc7db2d594a51f7a807d3bdb.gif

Frederike HΓ€usel_resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2023

Wow. What an amazing achievement. Congrats @Brittany Joiner 

Gabriel August 25, 2023

Wow ! Congrats ! 

as the ultimate Trello wizard, do you know a way to be able to use the search engine for checklists ? seems impossible :(

Brent Ackors September 4, 2023

Can you tell me why I have issues accessing my repeat list?  About 3-4 times a week I get a message to "try again"...which means I must return multiple times to see when I can access the list again.  Very frustrating....this has been going on for over a year.  I have posted 4-5 times and I get no answers.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2023

@Brittany Joiner it was an honor and a pleasure - thank you for the opportunity. And the feeling is mutual, you've become like the little (younger) sister I never had.

Anyone looking to get some facetime with @Brittany Joiner and get their copy of the book signed should check out the Northern Virginia ACE event on November 9. I'm planning on attending as well!

Like β€’ Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2023

Yesss!! I'm so excited you're coming @Andy Gladstone !!

Shola Ebofin September 12, 2023

how do i purchase the book and does anyone know of any personal tutors via zoom or in person that can bring me up to speed im willing to pay im based in london btw

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2023

@Shola Ebofin welcome to the Community.

Here is the link for the book @ Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supercharging-Productivity-Trello-productivity-collaboration/dp/1801813876

You should connect with @Dreamsuite Mike who is based in the UK today about local resources for training.

Good luck!

Like β€’ Brittany Joiner likes this
Shola Ebofin September 12, 2023

MANY THANKS ANDY!

Trevor Massey September 13, 2023

Brilliant

Dana Green
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

I want to buy your book so I can use Trello to the max.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events