How we use Trello to maximize our productivity at the workplace

Speaking of Trello, the level of adoption at Botron is more like a personal preference. Even if it's not directly connected to our team initiatives, Trello helps each person perform better and keep its tasks organized and, let's admit it - prettier. This time I had a huge success - one more colleague shared with me his usage of Trello (woohoo!), and it's completely different than mine, which, speaking of articles, is always a good thing. (smile)

Jodi's use case about people management board gave me a strong boost, so I jumped to it right away! (Thank you, @Jodi LeBlanc ðŸ’™)

I needed a safe place to gather and store all the information about Botron's team, make sure that no one can reach it, and enjoy the look and feel of my creation. When it comes to celebrations and personal holidays, we love to surprise the people with something unique and close to their hearts. And board like Team Botron is coming handy for anything from Summit registrations to birthday cards and company swag.

The structure is straightforward, and each team member has a separate list with cards, filled with information about a specific topic: birthday, work anniversary, sizes, interests, hobbies, etc. (I'm glad that no one from Botron is reading my articles, so I guess they'll never find out about the secret board (big grin)). I am using Due Dates to set a reminder for the events and labels to track their anniversary years.

My lovely colleagues Alex and Boris will demonstrate it for you:

trello-people-management.png

And when I need some general information about all Botron members, I ask them all to update it in my Confluence space (like clothing sizes, color preferences, etc.). Later I put all the info in each person's card on Trello and continue the research for the more "private" details by myself. 

The other use case in our company is how Trello helps Rosen, our Enterprise Solutions Manager, track his day-to-day tasks and keep his work and assignments going. Having a giant Jira board with loads of issues may be too complex for adding additional fields like email and meeting notifications, reminders, or to-dos.

With the purpose not to distract its team, Rosen is keeping his daily activities strictly organized in his personal Trello board. He is also enjoying the usability and flexibility of the app, as well as the visual customizations.

Like a sip of fresh air, Trello is making its way through our team, and I'm curious about who will be the next happy user. (smile)

4 comments

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Thanks for the mention @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ - what an awesome post (as always)! I absolutely love your writing style and all that you share with the community â™¡

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2020

It makes my heart happy @Jodi LeBlanc â™¡ 

Like • Jodi LeBlanc likes this
mariam.aslam February 23, 2020
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2020

Thank you @mariam.aslam :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events