Hello from your Trello Events Community Manager!

Hi everyone!

My name is Cassie and I'm a part of the Atlassian Community team, now focusing on the brand new Trello Events program and ramping up our global volunteer leaders. 

@Erica Moss recently shared how Trello users are meeting IRL at Trello Events, so I figured I'd go ahead and introduce myself and let you know what we're looking for in a volunteer leader. There's actually a real human who'll be your cheerleader and support you along the way, that's me!

Like many of you, I tell anyone who will listen to me about Trello and use it at home and work. One thing I love about onboarding new Trello leaders is sharing the same passion for a tool and wanting to scream it from the rooftops, hence our volunteers wanting to lead Trello Events in their prospective cities.

Enough about me, let's get to what we're looking for in a volunteer leader:

• Planner: You'll be responsible for planning at least three events a year. Don't worry, we'll give you lots of resources, including swag and reimbursements, to support you.
  • Promoter: You'll be in charge of promoting your event in your community. The Community Team will help promote brand new user group cities to ensure your success.
  • Cheerleader: Listen to your community members. Take their feedback and motivate people to present on relevant tips & tricks and best practices. Don't forget to have fun!
  • Someone who lives and breathes Trello. Okay, not really, but you gotta love the tool.

If you love meeting new people, sharing ideas and workflows, and hosting a meet-up, please reach out to me at cmayes@atlassian.com

Hope to talk to some of you soon!

Cheers,

Cassie

7 comments

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2018

Looking forward to spreading the gospel of Trello to the Dallas-Fort Worth area, @cassieACE

@Monique vdB, will there be a Trello User Group Leader badge?

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2018

Can confirm that @cassieACE is a complete ray of sunshine. Y'all are in great hands!

Arnau Martí Barcelona
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2018

Really excited about the Trello Events arround the globe! Looking forward to keep growing the community in Barcelona :)

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2018

Is it possible to do Trello event in Atlassian User Group events? 

Or it is different/

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 27, 2018

@Jonny Adams I think there should be! Let me connect with the team on this :)

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 11, 2018

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov, definitely possible! In fact, in September's slide content rollout in the AUG Confluence instance, you will see a section dedicated to Trello content :). Enjoy! 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2018

So excited to be part of this! There's about to be a whole lot more Trello in Central Kentucky and I'm so stoked :) 

++ Cassie is the bomb.com . She's been so helpful at onboarding me and answering all my questions. She's super resourceful, and also one of the nicest people I know.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events