Enjoy the colors of your home garden with Trello

Sending love to the Trello queen - @Jodi LeBlanc 

The Awesome Author Badge is Live, so as my passion for growing a little piece of green heaven at home. Two shots in one topic! 

Recently I bought a few more plants for our dining room. After the first couple of days filled with joy about how gorgeous my new plants are, I flew into a small issue: I couldn't remember the specifics of each plant and its water, light, and soil preferences. Oops.

One board to rule them all, you know! Again, Trello saved the day with the ability to adapt to every situation and use case.

How was the idea born?

In less than a second, like "I should make a Trello board for that!". ("Why don't you figured that out 2 days ago, Captain Obvious," said my inner self.)

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 21.41.27.png

How was the idea executed?

• I made a catalog of each plant I grow
  • Done research on its specific needs
  • Listed the most important: water, sunlight, moisture, and transfer it to labels
  • Wrote a short description in each plant card: what to look for and what to avoid
  • Took beautiful photos, and put that to work right away

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 21.41.45.png

And Voila, another Home Case solved with #Trello

11 comments

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

All my love to you too @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ! This is an absolutely beautiful board and so functional - well done :) I knew you had a green thumb, but you are now a botanist! In University I took a botany course and we went out in the field with our waterproof notebooks and studied plants, we even had to learn all of their scientific names, great memories of that class :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

I may have one of these as well!

When I turned 39 (April 2019), I decided that I was going to pick my own mid-life crisis - I was going to collect orchids!

Obvioulsy, I made a Trello board, which grew a little bit over the following few months:

Screenshot 2019-12-04 at 18.25.28.pngScreenshot 2019-12-04 at 18.25.40.pngI split them into Big, Medium, Mini to try and keep track of them!

Glad I'm not the only one who uses their Trello account to keep track of their plants! Surely we can't be the only ones!

Esme :)

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc Is that anything that you haven’t mastered yet? 😮

@Esme Crutchley I adore orchids! These are one of my favorite flowers, and your board is astonishing. Only can imagine the beauty of the place that you are keeping them. How many so you have so far?

I dreamed to have a blue orchid, and when I finally got it, it turned out that the flowers were actually colored. So I now have a white one 🙄

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ yeah blue orchids don't exist in the wild, which is a real shame, but alas until they manage to do it naturally, a dye is the only way!

Ummm, I think I have a LOT now! I have 5 minis now, the only one I'm missing (yes missing, it's like a Grail!) is a yellow mini, I have 2 or 3 multifloras/mediums and a bazillion bigs!

But I've now run out of space, I've had to utilise a bathroom shelving unit to put the minis on in the kitchen!

7C24AC86-4D56-454B-9D48-76A17A0DFAC2.jpg2E3CFEE9-AC1E-4505-854C-9EFFD0CDF4FF.jpg

They were a bit of an addiction for a while, but having run out of space, I've had to curb my spending, or save up for a bigger house with a bay window!

Esme :)

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

This was taken in April, things have escalated a little bit since then!

IMG_1302.JPG

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

Then I accidentally bought some more, so I had to use an Asda shelf divider for cupboards on the draining board for more space:

IMG_1410.JPG

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Absolutely stunning @Esme Crutchley ! 

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 4, 2019

@Esme Crutchley  I started to type "this is absolutely stunning" and then glanced up and realized that's exactly what Jodi had just said. So I will go with "totally awe-inspiring" instead! 

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

@Esme Crutchley hats off. Gorgeous collection!

Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

@Esme Crutchley That is a very visually appealing Trello board! Love all the colours :)

KarenLambert July 8, 2021

The hardest thing about growing grass is keeping it alive. Without a lot of help, the grass will only live for a few weeks before it's trampled and trampled again. This is why it is essential to monitor the situation at all times. It is also necessary to identify precisely how much grass should be removed from your garden. If the grass out of garden is too tall or the existing grass is elevated, then the easiest way to reduce the grass height is to remove some of the existing grass and then replant it with more OK grass seed.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events