Crafting a Vision Board with Trello

A couple of years ago, two of my friends and I gathered up a pile of old magazines and had a vision boarding evening. It was a lot of fun over wine, chocolate and laughter. We didn't take it that seriously and cut out pictures and words we liked.  

IMG_0698 (1).jpg

I ended up with a board full of inspirational photos and positive words, which now sits in my closet where I can look at it every day. Don't get me wrong, it is colourful and nice to look at but doesn't really have a clear vision.

IMG_9003.jpg

My friend of 20+ years lives on the other side of Canada. We talk often but don't get to see each other that much - maybe once every three or four years. More recently, we decided to create a shared Vision Board called "Inspiration sharing". We both share our favourite things as well as items we want to do and try such as: travel ideas, books, podcasts, movies and shows, youtube videos, selfcare tips, healthy habits, nice to know, fun, nutrition tips, exercise tips, quotes and music.

As you can see from the photo it is a work and progress, but it keeps us in touch and sharing our short and long term goals and interests. Still not quite a serious vision board but it is fun to do together.

shared vision board.png

Here are some steps for creating your own vision board:
-Reflection
-Vision Setting
-Goal Setting
-Create an Action Plan
-Execution

As well, here are some parts of your life you can consider focusing on:

-Health
-Relationships
-Finances
-Personal Growth
-Work
-Family
-Spirituality
-etc

Another option, is creating a bucket list of all the things you want to accomplish in your life. Check out this inspirational Bucket List by Daniel Furze - it's a public board so you can copy the template and adapt and modify as your own.

bucketlist.png

Do you have a physical or virtual vision board or dream board? If so, what other categories do you list on yours? Has it helped you in envisioning the future and/or things you want to do or try? Would love to hear your experiences with Vision Boards.

2 comments

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc

Thanks for the great idea!

I had a physical vision board for years. The challenge is it became outdated over time. Creating a new one was a matter of not enough time, given my travel schedule. I love this idea because I can keep the Trello version up on one of my screens when working from home, and I can have it up on my laptop when traveling.

Plus, I can update it as things change!

Regards,
Peter

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Thanks @Peter Jessen - that's awesome! Love your idea of keeping it displayed on your second screen and on your laptop where travelling :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events