Butler badge now live!

Butler is a powerful tool that brings automation and insights to your Trello boards. We launched a Butler badge to encourage automation enthusiasts to share their knowledge and to nudge Butler newbies to give it a go.

Trello Butler badge@2x.png

To win this badge, add your favorite Butler automation to this post. Butler empowers automations big and small, and we want to hear it all! Your comment must contain screenshots* and can be about:

• How you perform simple tasks on a single board using basic functionality

• How you supercharge your Trello workflow using major automations across your entire team

• Anywhere in between!

*Bonus points if you record a video/screen capture of how you set up your Butler automations

If you haven’t used Butler before, don’t despair! Now is your chance to dive right in :). To learn how to build automations, check out these help docs.

Can’t wait to learn your Butler secrets!

11 comments

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Done! I love using Butler - both professionally and personally. Excited to use new features and see what other community members come up with!

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Here's mine. Nothing sophisticated, but it makes me feel better. 😉

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Done!

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Bridget ,

I have completed the task for the Butler Badge.

I have commented in this post with a screenshot of the butler rule HERE

Regards,

Somyadeep

Like # people like this
Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2021

Done! Posted a playlist of some Butler tutorial videos. Hope that counts! Too many screenshots to include in full :D 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyJ6ZNQXPc4Vj7xHhcDxga9-WbHIWxtcS

Dan

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2021

@Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ HOT DAMN! I got some watching to do.... brilliant list Dan. Great job 🏆👏

Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2021

Thanks very much @Andy - PTC Redundant!! Shout if you have any questions or requests for a future video :) 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2021

Done, added my post and screenshot.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

I know that I already got the badge by adding a comment to that post and it's not like I'm one to brag or anything BUT .... this regex made me feel like the hella sorcerer

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-Butler-Negative-rules-in-trigger/qaq-p/1607156#M41959

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 24, 2021

Haha @Iain Dooley I like the term, "hella sorcerer" 😆

Like Iain Dooley likes this
David Howell September 12, 2021

I'm a big fan of labels triggering automation...

"Waiting" are for cards where I've asked for something from someone else. Adding the label moves the card into my Waiting list for me to check once a week.

"Admin" is for anything that I need to add to the list to discuss with my assistant during our one-on-one meeting.

"Snooze" labels are for quickly changing dates. I have "Snooze: Weekend" (sets due date to Sat at 5am), "Snooze: Tomorrow" (sets due date to tomorrow at 5am), and "Snooze: Next Week" (sets due date to the following Mon at 3am).

I use keyboard shortcuts a great deal as well, so hitting "L" when I have a card selected in a list allows me to quickly add a label with out having to click, open, etc. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events