Are you having issues with the Dropbox Power-Up?

In Q4 of 2021, Trello made some security changes to our desktop apps for both Mac and Windows. Unfortunately, while these changes increased security for our customers, some partner products, including Power-Ups and integrations, are not compatible with Trello’s new security requirements for our desktop app. This includes the Dropbox integration, including the ability to attach Dropbox files to cards in Trello, as well as the Dropbox Power-Up on the desktop app.

This issue is still ongoing, and we are working with Dropbox to help them address the compatibility issues between Dropbox’s integration and Trello’s security requirements which has broken their integration. We are unable to roll back our security change as this would result in more bugs, and would also decrease the security of our app.

We value your feedback, and apologise for the inconvenience this causes our users wholeheartedly. Please know that we are working towards a fix here with Dropbox that’ll make sure that this integration is fixed, and decrease the chances of such an issue occurring with our integrations again.

In the interim, Dropbox is still available on Trello on the web versions of Trello as long as third-party cookies are enabled. You should be able to attach cards and enable and authenticate the Dropbox Power-Up while using a web browser to access Trello. You can see what platforms we support at https://trello.com/platforms

Our Support team are present in the Community and available to assist here as well, and our Community Leaders are also aware of this issue and can direct you to this page which shows you the web workaround while we get this fixed.

12 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

Thanks for the update @Alex Waite !

Like Alex Waite likes this
Santiago April 5, 2022

Thanks for the update, but this has been going on nearly a year already. When will this be hashed out?

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2022

Hi @Santiago - this issue has been ongoing since December 2021. All updates will be posted to this article. 

Gabriel L_ April 11, 2022

I can't wait for this to be resolved..

Go go go !

Like Alex Waite likes this
Gordon Barker June 1, 2022

Is there anyway to roll back to on older version of the app? This has only been a problem since I updated it yesterday

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2022

Hey everyone - I'm pleased to announce this issue has now been fixed. If you update your desktop app to the latest version, this issue should no longer occur.

If it does, shoot us a message over at https://trello.com/contact

Like Tim Kusel likes this
Ryan Knight November 21, 2022

@Alex Waite can you confirm what this is all about?

Screenshot 2022-11-22 095838.jpg

Like # people like this
Brian Holaway November 30, 2022

@Alex Waite Any response you can give to @Ryan Knight would be appreciated. If this indeed will no longer be available and no replacement integration will be introduced, I have many changes to make to our workflow.

Like Ben Crist likes this
E_M_ Romeo December 7, 2022

Hi @Alex Waite,

Just to be clear... If I upgrade my desktop app now the dropbox power-up will continue working after December 30, 2022?  I am referring to your message of June 20.  Thanks for your confirmation.

:)

eric

Dasha Khristova January 3, 2023

@Alex Waite im having this issue now on web browser. the dropbox powerup is missing.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
January 3, 2023

Hi all, the Dropbox Power-Up has been deprecated by Dropbox. The good news is that links to Dropbox files on your Trello cards will keep working without the Power-Up.

You can definitely continue linking to files in Dropbox using the Attachments button, or by pasting sharable links from Dropbox directly into your cards.
Like Ryan Knight likes this
Dasha Khristova January 3, 2023

@Alex Waite oh ok. is there a way to group attachments so they are not all together? it was nice having dropbox attachments separately from the others. Can we establish different groups so it's easier to find specific attachments like copy docs vs PDFs vs dropbox links?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events