πŸŠβ€β™€οΈ Atlympic Event: Trello

Announcement @2x.png

Hello Community! 

Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! badges! fun!) please read more and sign up on this post.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

We are pleased to present the Trello Atlympic Event: 

Plan your trip to the (real or fake) Olympics on Trello! What city are you visiting? Where to stay? What to do? Which sporting events are at the top of your list?

Submit your board in the comments below (or post a screenshot). The Trello team will vote on their top three favorites for the Atlympic podium. Your board will be judged on creativity, design, use of Trello features, and the # of likes/comments/views you get on your post. The more details, the better! Also be sure to share with your team/family/friends to maximize engagement to up your odds.   

The top board will get added to the Trello template library (aka achieve eternal glory ✨). 

13 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

Oh man I've been training my whole life for this.

image.png

Here's my board

And I even wrote a handy blog post walking through how to use it, but I'm giving a few highlights here. 

• First list focuses on keeping track of all your important details, like hotel confirmations, flight details, etc. Use dates and timeline/calendar view so you can make sure you're covered for the whole trip and there no gaps.
  • Second list is "to do's". (Yes, I've even got some Butler automation there for when I type "pack" in a card name, it creates a series of checklists for initial packing, day before, and day of, since I'm a psychotic packer like that.)
  • Third list is a brainstorm of all the activities you may want to do. Use custom fields to organize and provide more details, like priority level, if it was recommended by someone, and estimated costs and time involved. Use labels to indicate the type of activity, like restaurant, museum, etc. 
  • Rest of the lists are days of your trip, so just move all the activites you want to do into the day it makes sense to do them!

Power-Ups and features used:

• βœ… Checklists. For all the different types of packing I do.
  • πŸ“… Start and due dates + Calendar View. Keeping up with all the activities and checking for any overlap.
  • 🏷 Labels. Categorizing activities.
  • πŸ–‡ Attachments. Confirmations, documents you'll need abroad, etc.
  • πŸ”… Stickers. Cause fun.
  • πŸ€– Butler. Automation for adding checklists to card, applying labels, or moving cards into other lists.
  • πŸ‘ Voting Power-Up. When you need to quantify why you chose a certain activity that one person didn't like for the 30 personal family vacation.
  • 😎 Custom Fields Power-Up. Adding structure and details to card, like costs, estimated time, recommenders, etc.
  • πŸ’― Number Stats Power-Up. For summing up any numbers in custom fields you have, like costs. 
  • 🌎 Map View. Add locations to your activities so you can see what all is near each other for planning.
Like β€’ # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2021

Okay so here's my submission. ☺️

I have put together three sections which could also be three different boards but shown as one in this example.

Section #1 - General Information, Preparation and Checklist
Section #2 - Places on site, Day Planner and Must-Visits (Advices or Wishes)
Section #3 - Collaboration, Highlights, Information

I'll try to explain my thoughts around this and also giving you ideas what cards to create if you're planning a trip to somewhere else.

Have fun reading! 🧳

πŸ“‹ Section #1 - General Information, Preparation and Checklist

This section is almost self-explanatory. Here you'll find all the general information in regards to planning the trip. The 'Info-Cards' include information about the trip. In our case information about travel dates and also about some a greater changes. For other trips it could include information about the area or the country or a reason why we're traveling to this place.

The 'Preparation-Cards' shall make sure you'll have a save arrival. Here are introductions on how and where to book the flight ✈️ (in case it's organized within a company and you have travel regulations) and what hotels can be booked. πŸ›οΈ You can also find Do's and Don'ts of the visitng country as well as a card with learning key phrases in the countries language (further down, it's not on the screenshot). πŸ’¬

The 'Checklist-Cards' will help you not to forget anything.

There are some labeled cards - these cards are super imprtant and should be checked again before leaving the house!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-25 um 20.57.17.png

πŸ—Ύ Section #2 - Places on site, Day Planner and Must-Visits (Advices or Wishes)

In this section you can invite others (who maybe have been to Tokyo) to leave some advices on restaurants.🍴Or you can use Trip Advisor/Foursquare/Google to find you some nice places yourself.

The 'Tokyo Venues' shall introduce you to the different places where Olympia is taking place. I added some general information to some cards so you know what you're visiting. When we're not talking about Olympia you could link the sights of the city you're visiting or the place you like to know more about (bucket list).

With the 'Events to attend-Card' you can plan your day. What to do on Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, ...? List it here and you'll have a great planned vacation. You can plan daily schedule alone or with you travel buddy. πŸ—“οΈ

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-25 um 20.57.55.png

πŸ’‘ Section 3 - Collaboration, Highlights, Subject-related Information

This section shall invite you to get involved!

Two ways to use this section:

1) You can invite others or use this for yourself to get into the right mood for your trip. Add stuff before your travel to get excited.
(Inspired by fun activities in this group!)

2) Use it afterwards to reminisce your trip. Pin photos, interesting facts, performances to rewatch or anything else.

Anyway, make sure you'll have lot's of entries here because this is your kind of your memory book.

When it's not going to Olympia make sure to have columns for photos, diary entires or background knowledge about your trip. πŸ’™

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-25 um 20.58.24.png

That's it. I'm not very familiar with the power ups yet but I would definitley love to improve it over time.

If you like to visit the board follow this link: https://trello.com/b/icPXRKsA/trip-to-the-olympic-games

Let me know what you think. I have put a lot of thought into this! ☺️

Svenja

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 28, 2021
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2021

For our joint XMAS online ACE @Fabienne Gerhard prepared a Trello Christkindl Market with all those amazing Franconia recipes for the participants to enjoy typical Christmas food afterwards. (I added some self drawn pictures ;-) ) 

https://trello.com/b/7rGyr5Xu/christkindlmark

screenshot_XMAS-Trello.png

Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2021

Nothing excites East African Nations especially Kenya as competing in long distance Athletic events at the Olympics. Psst looking forward to the 3000M Steeple chase, 10,000M and the Marathon Although sadly there are no spectators at the Tokyo Olympic Stadium this year due to COVID restrictions, I will still be in the Tokyo vicinity cheering on the Kenyan brothers and sisters as they hunt for Olympics glory and as I hunt for Atlympics glory. 

My Trello Board Submission consists of six lists:

• Travel Checklist
  • List of Travel Destinations
  • Pre-travel Activities
  • Travel Day Activities
  • Destination Activities 
  • Post-travel Activities

The powerups applied to the board:

• Countdown - To help me countdown to the exciting travel day
  • Card Aging - To automatically help me know overdue/done cards at a glance
  • Calendar - To help me keep track of the dates
  • Custom Fields - To add items not default to the cards e.g. Travel Agency on Pre-travel List
  • Confluence Cloud - To tag a Knowledge base I have developed for Tokyo on Confluence

Trello Board Link

Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 19.05.01.pngScreenshot 2021-07-31 at 19.04.40.png

Syntax- Era July 31, 2021

Super Amazing ! !

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2021

Hi all!!

Here is my planning board for a trip to the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games.
The board is divided into 6 columns in which you can find the following information:

• ℹ️ - Information about the Olympics:
    • Dates
    • Games guide
    • General information about Tokyo
  • ✈️🧳 - Things to do before the trip to Tokyo, such as:
    • Organise the suitcase I'm going to take, clothes, shoes, socks....
    • Download maps of Tokyo with the places of interest, and locate where the accommodation and the Olympic Village are located.
    • Buy tickets for the Olympics
    • Confirm the hotel reservation where I will be staying
  • βœ”οΈ - Tasks I have already completed:
    • Booking the hotel
    • Checking the status of my passport and visas
    • Buy airline tickets
  •  πŸ‘€β›©οΈ - Must-see places to visit in Tokyo
  • 🍱🍹 - Places to eat and what to eat at each of them
  • πŸ‘€ - And a final column of places to visit if you have time to spare.

Here you have the board link and a screenshot of it.

I hope you like it as much as I do, I just need to be able to actually go there! πŸ„β€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸ€½β€β™€οΈπŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

Trello Olympic Games.PNG

Like β€’ Bridget likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

Hello Atlympics,

Here's the submission my Trello board snap shots.

My all time favorite Olympics stadium "Stadium Australia" in Sydney. I thoroughly liked that place and had good memories during my visit to near by places and sports arenas. And the best part is, I'm able to capture my memories, site visits, best attractions, food places, accommodation and travelling modes. Always get into the Bus/ Train/ Ferry using the pre-paid Opal card for seamless ticketing and travel. Thanks you Trello board for giving a platform to plan the trip.

trello 1.jpgtrello 2.jpg

Happy postings and sharing the best memories, planning and travel.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Just put together a simple board to help me plan out my trip.  Added some activities I could do outside of the Olympics, sporting events I would attend, travel costs, and a day planner.

Capturen.PNG

D_v_k_kumandan_raju August 6, 2021

Good effort, best of luck.

Like β€’ G subramanyam likes this
Kalyan Chakravarthy August 6, 2021

All the best 

Like β€’ G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2021

Here's my submission on the last day of Trello Atlympic Event :)

Link to the board - https://trello.com/b/XcNWJYUz

screencapture-trello-b-XcNWJYUz-my-olympics-visit-2021-08-08-15_08_08.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events