Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Best Atlassian Certification Tips Here!

David Blank
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2023

Are you Atlassian Certified? Studying towards your certification?

If you've already climbed that mountain, how'd you do it?? If you're still on the way up, how are you getting there?

I'm not new to Atlassian Certifications and anxious to get started but I want to hear your tips on successfully earning yours. 

Did you find any helpful tools? Start a virtual study group? Use flashcards?

I'm pumped to hear how you got there or plan to get there in the discussion below.

Good luck ya'll!

1 comment

Comment

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2023

Welcome @David Blank .

You'll find a lot of good resources here in this group.

First thing first is get an environment to test and play with. Applying that knowledge will be key passing the exams. Currently, you can sign up for a free site up to 10 users for Jira and Confluence. 

Next think about what role do you play currently at your organization. Are you a project admin? or are you going to be system or site admin? You want to select exams that pertain closer to your role so you can utilize your learnings to your job.

For those who are starting, I would recommend taking the easier exams like ACP-620 which is project admins for Jira cloud. I believe you can still sign up for a course and you get an exam voucher with it. This will give insight on the format and types of questions in an exam before delving into the other tougher exams. However, feel free to take any exams that makes sense for you. It is just my own recommendation.

The only tools that I use and I was consistently throughout all my exam success is to practice. Read documentation and apply the learnings in the environment. Once I understood the functionality and why..I move on to the next topic. The Exam topics can be downloaded for the Atlassian University website.  I did not use flashcards or study groups but doesn't mean they're not helpful. choose the format that help you to study.

The last thing I take is the sample exam questions to gauge where I stand. If I scored well, I take the exam. If not, I review those areas once more. There are folks who prefer to take those ahead if they feel  they are well experience just to gauge if how much studying they may need to do. 

-Ben

Like David Blank likes this
David Blank
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to give your insight @Benjamin

I can't imagine anyone better to answer this discussion than a 9x Certified ACE 😳

Did the level of difficulty surprise you on any of the exams? How did you know you were ready to send it?

Talk to you later, headed to find the sign up for the ACP-620 course 🤓

seastar elshmarany September 12, 2023

That's great to hear 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events