What certification should i take first?

Manuel Bastardo Castellano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2019
I have read comments on the acp-600 is the easiest but based on differences between admin and project manager. Does acp 100 have a lot of content?

2 comments

Comment

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2019

Hi Manuel,

in a way, you're right that the ACP-600 is "easier" than the ACP-100. But don't be fooled that doesn't mean you won't be challenged. ;) 

The difference here is the scope of both certifications. Have you already read through the official descriptions and had a look at the exam topics? You can find everything here:

Going through the materials you will realize why others say that the ACP-600 is supposed to be easier. The certifications were designed with totally different candidates and their roles in mind ( ACP-600 as project administrator: "Six months' exposure to Jira is recommended before taking the training course." and ACP-100 as Jira administrator: "You have 2-3 years of experience administering Jira.") and so the objectives and the difficulty of the questions differ.

But ACP-600 is a great way to start and then expand to the Jira administrator afterward. And to finally answer your last question: YES! There's a lot of content in ACP-100 as it kind of touches everything you can do within the application. :) 

Best, Max

Like # people like this
Manuel Bastardo Castellano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2019
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2019

@Manuel Bastardo Castellano I agree with everything @Max Foerster - K15t has said.  I took (and passed) the ACP-600 with the right amount of preparation it was challenging but not impossible to pass.

If you look at the exam topics list for the ACP-600 vs the ACP-100 you will see that the ACP-100 has many additional topics that are not covered in the ACP-600.

Personally, I felt that the ACP-600 was a nice way to focus on a smaller amount of knowledge so that I could undertand how the format of the exams would work so I would know how to prepare of future exams.

I hope that helps!

-James

Like # people like this
Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2019

@Manuel Bastardo Castellano I will suggest you go for ACP-600 first. It will set a foundation for ACP-100.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events