Teaching Agile at University

Shaun Cahill August 20, 2020

Hello Community Members!

My name is Shaun Cahill and I am a faculty member at the Smith School of Business in Kingston Ontario. I am teaching an undergraduate agile project management course and am planning on using the Atlassian product suite to provide experientially learning. I am in the process of applying for free classroom licenses and while I wait I do have some questions and advice I would like to seek from the community.

1. What products come with the free University license
  2. I plan on teaching my students the following concepts and would like advice on which products would be best.
    1. Product Vision, MVP and Roadmap
    2. User requirements gathering and story development
    3. Backlog development and maintenance
    4. Product development and release
    5. Testing
  3. The use case will be that they manage the project using a series of Atlassian products. Once they are in sprints I will act as the development team to provide the project progress. 
  4. I am responsible for providing a server and plan on asking my IT department for a virtual server. What specification would you recommend that I request?
    1. Class size 55 (one license each) plus TA and faculty member.

Any other tips, advice, recommendations would be welcome!

Shaun Cahill

1 comment

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 20, 2020

Check out the learning paths Agile Team Member and Confluence User. There are free courses available to introduce Jira and Confluence to your students.

Free Tutorials has additional videos including introductions to some marketplace apps. 

The Training for Jira app may be useful for you as you will be able to see the progress of your students through the available training.

Like Ben Thoma likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events