Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmapping with Jira Align

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Are you looking to learn how product roadmaps in Jira Align help manage customer expectations?

Use this page to ask questions about:

• How to define an Epic roadmap to manage user expectations

• Scheduling roadmaps based on planned capacity

• Roadmap visualizations

This discussion is continued from a live session at Training Day 2020. Registration is not required to join this discussion.

3 comments

Comment

Matt Magee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

Hello Folks,

Thanks for coming to our Jira Align Roadmapping Training session, yesterday. It was great to hear from all of you and receive your questions during the event. Please post something here if you have additional questions myself or the JA Team can answer.

M@

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Thanks Matt (and Ben😉). I don't know if this is the method of reaching out to me from the training day session you mentioned but it will definitely work if that is the case.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

So the reason I was asking about this was you alluded to a relationship between Advanced Roadmaps and Portfolio. My use of Advanced roadmaps is to try and replace or supplement a tool called FastProject which is a FTTM overlay to MS Project as a way of making Agile methodology more applicable to a company that is producing something that has a hard start and finish as opposed to what I understand the original concept of Agile is that applies to the software world.

So, that said, Here is my example setup that I think I'm going to have. I think I will be using Epics as my main "sub-project?" within the project. We use projects as a departmental breakdown. I would like to know where to find and or gain an understanding of how to use the Advanced Roadmaps as a way to give my management team a better warm and fuzzy Gannt chart way of looking at progress across two or three projects (Engineering, Manufacturing, Software) so that we could use the planning feature to help with creating the Sprints needed to get an Epic Burndown. My Main Project would be the Engineering project since that team is who the manufacturing team and software team report to. I heard Scrum of Scrums and other agile terminology that might change this plan but I don't know enought about those styles yet.

So, my main question is should I dig into Portfolio information to augment my learning on Advanced Roadmaps or are they now completely different products. I got a sense there are similarities so I wasn't sure.

Matt Magee
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2020

Hi Danno, Jira Align and Jira Data Center Advanced Roadmaps are competely different products.

@Ben Thoma whom could we connect Danno above with from the Jira DC Team regarding the use of Advanced Roadmaps to solve his problem?

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2020

@Matt Magee Thanks for raising this with me. @Danno can you please email me and I can get you in touch with some Advanced Roadmap folks: bthoma@aatlassian.com

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

Will there be any additional trainings in the near future?

Matt Magee
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2020

Hi @Brant Schroeder , are you asking specifically about Jira Align training? If so Atlassian University currently offers a self-paced learning course on Jira ALign here: https://training.atlassian.com/jira-align-program-essentials

The Jira Align (JA) Team also offers ILT enablement for JA customers, covering all aspects of JA.

If you are looking for something else, I would generally consult the Atlassian U website.

Like Ben Thoma likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events