Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining certifications after they are retired

Vlatko Bojkovski May 10, 2023

Hi Team,

I hope you are all doing fine and apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered.

As you are aware, some of the Server certificates will retire Feb 2024.

At the moment, I have ACP-100 and ACP-400 (both are up to date with badges).

My question is, since ACP-400 will be retired at Feb 2024, will I still retain my Atlassian Technical Sales Professional (to have two certificates), or I will need to pass another certificate so my title remains.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Kind Regards,

Vlatko

1 comment

Comment

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Vlatko Bojkovski 

I've received this email:

Your Atlassian Certified in Agile Development with Jira Software certification will retire on Feb 02, 2024.

We encourage you to upgrade to a Data Center* Certification by earning a Pro Skills Badge.

Simply complete the required Skillbuilder course and pass the  Pro Skills Badge quiz (USD $19). You'll find the details at https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/836788-maintain-your-certifications; scroll down to see Retiring Certifications and How to Upgrade.

By taking the course and passing the quiz (both are required), you will earn the new Managing Jira Projects for Data Center (ACP-MJDP) Certification, which replaced Atlassian Certified in Agile Development with Jira Software in 2021.

(*If you held both ACP-JSW and ACP-JPA, then Atlassian has already granted you the Managing Jira Projects for Data Center certification effective July 2021.)

You can review your certification progress and history by logging into the Certification Portal here: https://www.certmetrics.com/atlassian

Best regards,
Atlassian Certification Team

So you need to take another badge exam, which is will be doable after you've done ACP-100 in the past. The course will provide the mindset, the quiz will cost you +/-$20 and has 15 questions. It will take you about 2 hours to complete the course and the quiz and then it takes another two days to update the status and then you have been upgraded to DC certs.

For your Atlassian Technical Sales Professional credentials you need to have two valid certifications. So if you don't do the badge it will expire.

Like LarryBrock likes this
Vlatko Bojkovski May 11, 2023

Thanks for the reply @Rudy Holtkamp 

The issue here is that there are no Pro Skill Badges to replace-elevate the ACP-400 to another certificate that will not be retired.

It seems that I will have to pass another certificate.

Kind Regards,

Vlatko

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events