Passing the ACP-400 exam and got the ACM

Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Yesterday I earned the Atlassian Certified Master (ACM) designation after passing the Atlassian ACP-400 exam. It was indeed a challenging exam. Some of the SLA questions were very complex and extremely challenging. You will be tested for your knowledge, believe me. 

Study preparation has been extremely useful. Touching areas in Jira Service Desk that I have not touched before. Assisting our customers with Jira Service Desk questions and setups will be a lot easier in the future.

NOTE: This is exam will be retired on the 28th of February 2021.

Study preparations

• Getting hands-on with Jira Service Desk is crucial for your preparation.
  • Setup a Jira Service Desk instance that will act as your playground for practicing.
  • I created multiple Jira Service Desk projects and made some use cases that would simulate customer based setups.
  • Focus areas for the exam in Jira Service Desk where you will have to practice a lot: SLA, permissions, security and project administration.
  • Use Jira Service Desk PDF as your bible when preparing for the exam.
  • Take the Jira Service Desk Administration Certification Prep. It will give a good idea of what to expect when taking the exam.
  • Practice, practice and practice on your local Jira Service Desk instance.

Exam tips

The exam tips were the same tips I gave for the ACP-300 article I wrote a few months ago, but they still apply.

• Read about the proctored exam and prepare your laptop for the exam software that will be launched when the exam starts.
  • On the day of the exam you should find a small and quiet room. I used a very small office at the company where I work. A good idea is to book the room in advance.
  • Let other people in the building know you are being examined so nobody can disturb you.
  • Do not panic if a question is difficult to answer. Flag it or do not answer it and jump to the next question. Unanswered questions will be marked when the last question in the exam has been answered.
  • Try to eliminate the wrong answers for each question. This will give you a better chance for selecting the correct answer(s).
  • Make sure that ALL exam questions have been answered.

Useful resources

5 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Congratulations on your ACM!

Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans and thanks

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2020

Hi @Lasse Langhorn ,

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing the tips! I think it will be very helpful!

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2020

Hi, @Lasse Langhorn ! 

My congratulations! ACM it is really cool!

I'm on way on it and now planning to try ACP-300 exam. Can you share your article about this exam?

Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2020

Hi @Alexander Bondarev ,

You can read article her: Tips for ACP-300 exam 

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2020

@Lasse Langhorn , thank you for sharing!👍

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2020

What a fantastic guide! Thanks @Lasse Langhorn 

Congrats on reaching ACM status.

Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2020

Thanks @Kat Warner 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events