I Got My Second Certification!

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

Yesterday I passed my Jira Service Desk Administrator exam, which was my second certification in a month! I am extremely excited and I'm on the path to getting my ACM. 

Is anyone else going for their ACM and what certifications have you gotten so far? What do you all do to prepare for the certifications aside from the courses Atlassian provides?

4 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

Congrats!  I'm aiming for that myself. All I have done so far is the ACP-600 exam.  The Service Desk one was next on my list.

The courses are great, I've also seen a number of people mention looking at the exam topics list and then going through the documentation for the items listed in the topics.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do next!

-Jimmy

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon ! I did the ACP-600 as well for my first certification which unfortunately isn't ACP level. The next one I plan on going for is the Jira Admin ACP-100. That one will definitely be a challenge so I'm trying to get tips for it.

Thats a good idea with the documentation. For the JSD one I stuck to the courses,  youtube videos, and some articles.

Like Celeste D'Alessandro likes this
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2019

Congrats, Cody. 

But what do you mean when you say ACP-600 isn't ACP level ? It does count towards TSP!

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2019

Hey @Kris G _Alacriz_ 

When you achieve your ACP-600, the actual certification is AC-JPA. Its a full certification but because its only AC, it doesn't count toward your progress of becoming an Atlassian Certified Master (ACM)

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

Congratulations Cody! 

If you look around in the discussion and question topics here you will find valuable hints and tips on how to prepare for the exam. And good luck to both of you with the next one! ;)

Best, Max

Like Cody Stevens likes this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2019

I'll definitely look around more and thanks!

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2019

Congrats @Cody Stevens 

I will attemp the second time in JSD (failed the first one :( ) can you share tips and your course of study in ACP-400. I maybe didnt get the right track on this. Need help, please! 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2019

Hi Patricia,

what did you think was the most difficult part in your first try? What areas would you describe as problematic? You got the report after the exam with your percentages. Basically, a very big part of JSD is JQL (Queues, SLAs/Goals, Automation) and the configuration of a Service Desk project itself (customer permissions, customer portal, etc.). So set up a project and play through the roles to get to know the behavior as customer, collaborator and project admin. :)

Best, Max

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2019

thanks!! :) 

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2019

Hey @Patricia Francezi

Like Max said, looking at the percentages you got can really help. I didn't find the training provided that useful but I took the two days before quiz day to study. I did the Jira Administration: Getting a service desk up and running and Jira Service Desk Administrator Certification Prep.

I focused on learning the confluence/kb integrations and rules because that is a big part of the test. I also had a test instance I practiced and played around in.

There are also tons of videos on YouTube that may be able to help.

Good luck on your test!

Like # people like this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2019

@Cody Stevens , @Max Foerster - K15t , thank you for advices! 

I will try to pass ACP-400 in December and ACP-600 in January. 

I preparing through - Jira Administration: Getting a service desk up and running and Jira Service Desk Administrator Certification Prep.

Like Ben Admin likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

I have passed ACP-400! 

I strongly recommend courses:

Jira Administration Part 1

Jira Server Administration Part 2

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2019

Congrats @Alexander Bondarev :)

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events