Come in, Grab a Seat, and Introduce Yourself!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Welcome to the Training & Certification Group!

How this group gets used is completely up to you the members!  What I can promise is that the more you share and contribute, the more valuable this group will be to everyone!

What types of contributions are valuable here?  Discussions about University courses, Tips for preparing for a particular certification, or even rallying others together to form a study group are great contenders!

Let's get things started with some introductions.

1. Who are you and where are you from?
  2. Where are you on your Atlassian Journey (just learning about the products? Working on that final certification? Or somewhere in between.)
  3. What are you hoping to learn about here?
  4. What do you do to unwind at the end of the day?

16 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

I'll get things started....

Hello!  I'm Jimmy, I'm an R&D Tools Administrator at Arctic Wolf Networks and I live in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.

I have been using the Atlassian tool for close to 10 years now, I hold 6 Certifications and 1 Pro Skill Badge as well as the "illustrious" Atlassian Certified Expert standing.  So I'm happy to help others that are starting on their journey accomplish their goals.

I'm always looking to learn new things, and I see that Atlassian is constantly putting out new University courses regularly.  What I want to dive into more at that point is all the additional features of Jira Service Management.

Relaxing at the end of the day usually involves playing some video games for a couple of hours after my wife and I get the kids to bed.

Like # people like this
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Your youtube videos already helped me sometimes! Thank you for that Jimmy, really good content! :D 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

I'm glad to hear you found it helpful @carlosughini!

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Hello, everybody!

My name is Robert Wen, but feel free to call me Bob.  I work at ReleaseTEAM (an Atlassian Gold Partner) as a DevOps Consultant and Atlassian Expert.

I'm pretty far along in my Atlassian journey (though, certainly not 10 years like @Jimmy Seddon !)  I also hold 6 Atlassian Certifications and Atlassian Certified Expert standing.  I think an important part of this is helping other people on their Atlassian journey.

So, at the end of the day I catch up on my favorite TV shows.  In my queue right now is Picard, Wecrashed, Ted Lasso, and anything superhero-related.

Like # people like this
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

Hi I'm Chris - and I'm "The Jira guy" for my company (in Ed-Tech), a community leader, Agile-Process consultant, and currently I don't have any certifications, but am aiming to get some. I've been using Jira products off and on for about 10 years, and have been administrating them almost the same length of time.

I took a couple of prep courses and (barely) passed them, but I found that there were several things I had not considered or played with - like the logic behind auto-assigning based on Project Lead or components, or quite a lot about time-tracking, which none of my experience has every really touched upon.

Looking forward to seeing where else I can brush up my jira-fu.

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Welcome, @Chris Buzon !

Like Chris Buzon likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Hi all!

I'm Brittany and I'm a Trello nerd 😊 (But also starting to learn Jira!) I'm based in Baton Rouge, LA, USA. I've been using Trello for organizing myself at work and personal life for years—organizing all my tasks and projects, content, etc.

I'm interested in joining because I don't know much about Atlassian Training, and I'd love to see more Trello content there (or perhaps be involved in creating some of it), and I am also starting my Jira journey and interested to partake in all of that training!

As far as unwinding... I actually love to read newsletters and lately I've been unwinding by going through my duolingo lessons (trying to improve my Spanish!)

Like # people like this
David Falk April 6, 2022

Hello, everyone!

1.  My name is David Falk, and I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am a Senior Technical Business Analyst with McDonald's working fully remotely.
  2. I was involved in pilots of Atlassian tools at Northrop Grumman for 3 years before I joined the McDonald's family. I have experience as a Jira Project Admin as well as lots of work in Confluence, but there is always more to learn!
  3. Now that I've completed the Managing Jira Projects Training (and preparing for the Certification Exam), I'm look to expand my knowledge base.
  4. I am a competitive chess player and enjoy playing in tournaments with the Pittsburgh Chess Club.
Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hello Everyone.!!

This is Srinath and I live in Bangalore, India. I work on Confluence support at Atlassian , I am really enjoying working here. I used to use Jira and confluence in my previous company as well but here I have got the chance explore in deep. I am looking forward to enhance my knowledge here . 

There is nothing like unwinding at end of work for me. I keep taking small breaks , if the days is hectic, I play with my 1year old kid for 5min and its a real stress buster. I watch the plants and water them . These small things help me refresh. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Robert Bangerter April 13, 2022

Hi Everyone!

My name is Robert and I live in Ohio, USA. I have been working in Confluence and JIRA for the last 6 years, however, am new to the cloud version of the applications. My company recenetly made the transition to the cloud and we are currently suffering through the growing pains that comes with that. As the lead for one of our QA teams I am doing research to see how we can better utilize JIRA and Confluence to meet our future needs.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

Hi everyone.

My name is Craig and I live near Toronto.  I've been working with the Atlassian tools since Jira 3.
Due to the tools being only a part of what I do "Software Configuration Management" I never knew what my next client might be using as a tool stack.  More times than not it was Atlassian.
Now I'm only a couple years out from retirement, taking a break between clients and made the decision to gain at least 4 certifications and I've been working through the prep courses. 
Why the prep courses even with my level of experience (approx 17 years)?
I think my level of experience helps me to understand that, I'd be an idiot not to pay and review in fine detail any resource available to me.  
Why the certifications after all these years? all these projects? all these clients?
Easy, personal achievement and growth. 
Plus I want to be an example to my grandchildren.  One that says
"Age does not hinder the quest for knowledge.".
I treat every conversation as a learning opportunity.
I'm looking forward to many conversations.

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

Welcome Craig

Paula Hidalgo April 15, 2022

Hi everyone!

1. My name is Paula and I live in Cleveland, Ohio.

2. I have been a Jira Cloud Admin for 2 1/2 years.  I am the Confluence Admin as well.  At Rockwell Automation, I support the product development community.  I am preparing to take the ACP-120 exam and have postponed the exam date at least 3 times -- the job keeps getting in the way of studying :)

3. I hope to get help preparing for the exam.

4. My passion is ice hockey.  I play on 2 teams and get to play 2 to 4 times a week, depending on the time of year.  I also schedule goalies for 2 games a week.

Like # people like this
Paula Hidalgo May 25, 2022

I took the ACP-120 exam yesterday and passed!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2022

Congratulations!

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2022

Congratulations, @Paula Hidalgo ! You should write up your experiences in an article or discussion in this group!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

I have an odd question - I have a conversation thread in this group.  I tried to post a reply to it and was told I needed to join the group first.

How is this possible?  Was I unknowingly a member and later evicted? 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan

There was content that exists in this group that was moved from another community collection not too long ago.  I'm willing to bed you posted it there, but now need to join this group because it was moved in between your original post and coming back to it now.

Like # people like this
Logan Ketterling May 18, 2022

Hi Everyone!

1. My name is Logan Ketterling, and I'm from Anchorage, Alaska!
  2. I was introduced to Atlassian at the beginning of this year, and then had the opportunity to attend Team '22! Since I was convinced I needed to become a community leader in my area, as we don't currently have and representation in Alaska (as far as I know!)
  3. Really, I'm hoping to connect with all the community leaders to collaborate on issues we may be experiencing, and work together toward solutions! 
  4. I get out and go hiking with my dog, Beau! We also do a lot of fishing up here in Alaska, when it isn't freezing cold! 
Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

Welcome!

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 19, 2022

Welcome!!

Harsha Chandran August 26, 2022

Hello Everyone.!!

This is Harsha and I live in Kerala, India.

I am a huge fan of Atlassian products, have been working on Atlassian tool throughout my career span of 12 years. Have achieved 4 Atlassian badges - Jira, JSM, Confluence and Trello.

I am looking forward to enhance my knowledge here as well get an opportunity to join Atlassian.

For me unwinding is all about 'family' time. I go for walk / drive for some time daily to feel nature or start thinking about our next family vacation.

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

Welcome!

Sharon Halpin December 13, 2022

Hello

I'm Sharon from the UK, a self-employed team of one, running multiple small/micro businesses.
Relatively new to Atlassian products but wish I'd found Atlassian sooner.

Just achieved the Trello Fundamentals Badge.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and learnt a lot - would certainly recommend.

Confluence Fundamentals next on the to do list followed by Jira Fundamentals.

Trello-Fundamentals-Badge-cropped-small.png

Like Carla Ann Rowland likes this
Türkiye SEO May 17, 2023

I'm here to learn something. Greetings to everyone from Cappadocia.

Carla Ann Rowland
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2024

Hi I am new to this group.

I am an Jira Data Center/Service Management Admin and I am obtained my Project Certification (server) just to see what it was like since I am self-taught. I am planning on taking Data Center/Enterprise Administrative Cert after I finish my work required Comptia cert. Used Jira and related products since 2013.

I am continuing the path of my certification to advance my career.  I used to relax when I had my own small instance for Jira Server of 3 users play with the new products or solve a problem for a fellow user in the community. Sometimes I trouble shoot a setting at work. I use that small instance to learn more about administrating an instance and interaction between Jira and Confluence.

Here I am looking for camaraderie of fellow certification goal travelers; there is such a diversity between cloud and Data Center it is overwhelming. 

If I am not relaxing by solving a Jira issue my true unwind is knitting or crocheting or ballroom dancing -- using creative art side of my brain. Other than that Sci-fi fan and mystery fan.

Ortega, Lorrie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2024

Howdy! I am Lorrie, and I am a Sr Business Support Analyst at USAA in San Antonio TX (remote).

I am a new JWM user and just learning about the products.  

I hope to learn a lot more by belonging to this group and at Team'24.

I love to travel. I have visited 3 continents and in June I will have 4.  Hopefully by 1st 1/4 of next year I will cross off South America & Antarctica in 1 trip which would just leave Africa hopefully by the end of 2025.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events