Certification Exam Center Experience during Covid-19

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2020

Certification Exam Center Experience during Covid-19

Sharing my recent exam experience during the Covid-19. I have taken Atlassian certification before at an exam center last year. I found it relaxing since you don't have to worry about things like cleaning up a room, worry about the internet, or any other logistical surprises. So, I booked another exam at the testing center. Plus, the appointment was earlier than online. 

The day I arrive to the exam center, everything seems like it will go according like last time. Not at all! Quite the opposite. During this time, I had to wear a facemask but it is expected during these times. As soon I started the exam, things started to get warmer because of heavy breathing in the mask while being challenge mentally by the questions at hand. On top of that, my neighbor a few spots away started whispering to himself. Making it very difficult to concentrate. Luckily, there was some ear buds next to the side. Put those on. it was better but could still hear noise coming from him. Sucks but I march on forward through the questions. Half way in and I'm getting much warmer and uncomfortable. This made me start to reread the questions and answers a few times which cause the time to dwindle. 

I had bit of time left after I finish and review a few questions mark for review. I didn't review back through all my questions because I was already uncomfortable. So, I submitted my test without a proper review.

I did pass. Grateful for that. Definite if I had to do it over again, I would do it online in a room with quiet atmosphere and no mask. Just wanted to share my experience for those want or are planning to take the exam at a test center during these times in the US. Best of luck! 

1 comment

Comment

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2020

My online experience was terrible..... 

I would not recommend anyone to take it online. Kryterion proctoring is really dificult, they stop the test any time to complain about the light (3 times).... Connection dropped, I had to go to the chat (no kiding) 3 times, in order to them release the link for opening again. 

Second time online, new proctor found something (?) and stopped the test for almost 10 minutes, no information... and connection dropeed again... All over chat again.............

And it was not my Internet connection, the same was in use by everybody in my house!!!

It took me almost 4 hours to be able to send my test, and in the last time I decided not reviewing because of the fear of having problems again. 

Just like you, I passed... Cant imagine if after all of this I should to go all over again.....

My next test, will be in the test center for sure, not even thinking about do it online again. 

Like Benjamin likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2020

@Patricia Francezi - Congrats on passing your exam! Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't imagine. The test is difficult and on top of that...you had to deal with the technical and non-technical issues. 

High-Five on overcoming the obstacles and coming out on top! 

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2020

It was hard! LOL feeling of heart attack has been around for almost 1 hour 

Like Benjamin likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2020

I know exactly that feeling. lol. I'm glad to have an opportunity to exchange experiences. 

Cheers to a better experience on the next one!

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events