Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone getting ready for ACP-100 to make small Study group ??

Sridhar Gandla February 1, 2023

Hello all

I am in the process of getting ready to give ACP-100 exam... Aiming to give this exam in less than 2 months..(I guess, ACP-100 Exam validity is 60 days Not 90 days).. Any one is interested to make study group reach out. quickly... Any best experiences to share from experts,

6 comments

Comment

Geeta Basker February 13, 2023

@sri

I'm interested in this. Have you formed the group already ? Can I join in ?

Sridhar Gandla February 26, 2023

I am yet to form a Group... Any more interested..please reach me soon than later... 

Like Ahmad Torjaman likes this
Ahmad Torjaman February 27, 2023

I am interested too. my email is saat876 at g mail

@Sridhar Gandla  and @Geeta Basker looking forward to studying with you!

Sridhar Gandla February 27, 2023

Thank you Ahmad !! 

Ramesh jayawardana February 27, 2023

Hi ridhar Gandla, 

I would like to join as well.

@Ramesh jayawardana what is your g mail ID? Happy to connect. 

Ramesh jayawardana February 27, 2023

Thank you for the quick reply and this is my email which is ramesh.amadoru@gmail.com.

Sridhar Gandla February 27, 2023

Thank you Ramesh !!

Alfredo Negrete February 28, 2023

I'll join you guys...fred1n@hotmail.com

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2023

Hi @Sridhar Gandla ,

I have passed this exam personally. Here's some tips in approaching the exam.

• Download the study guide. I find the list pretty comprehensive on what needs to be studied upon to pass.
  • Make sure to have an environment to practice on. Preferably one that doesn't have add-ons.
  • Focus on the high percentage weighted areas. Master those areas to make the most use of the time you've given yourself.
  • Practice, Practice, Practice. Make up some use cases on how you would deliver  projects to a team in your company or work place. Don't forget to role play because you'll need to understand what each permission allows you to do. It may seem like a lot of work. In the end, it will pay off by passing the exam but also adding skills to your experience. 

I use this for all the exams I took and it has fared well thus far. Good Luck with the exam!

-Ben

Like # people like this
Ahmad Torjaman February 28, 2023

Thanks a lot, Ben. 

@Sridhar Gandla and @Geeta Basker I created a google group for the team. Here is the link: https://groups.google.com/g/jira-acp-100-exam

Could you send a request to be added, or share your emails so I can add you? 

Let's connect on the weekend. I am in PT. I assume the rest are in IST, correct? 

Like Sridhar Gandla likes this
Alfredo Negrete February 28, 2023

I'm CST timezone

Ramesh jayawardana February 28, 2023

Hi Ahmad, Thank you for the initiation and I'm in EST. Let me know when we can meet. My email is ramesh.amadoru@gmail.com. 

Geeta Basker February 28, 2023

Hi Ahmad,

my email id is geeta.mudaliyar@gmail.com .

Przemyslaw Wesolka March 2, 2023

Hi Ahmad @Ahmad Torjaman ,
I would also like to participate your practise team. Would be very happy to be added:
wesolkap@gmail.com

Hi Team, 

Can we meet on Sat at 9:00 am PT? I will send you a meeting invitation. 

Based on Ben's guidance, here is what I suggest we do:

• Download the study guide: One of us can download it and walk us through it during the meeting. @Ramesh jayawardana would you like to take that on? 
  • Make sure to have an environment to practice on. Preferably one that doesn't have add-ons. @Benjamin does the free account suffice? If not, what do you recommend? 
  • Focus on the high percentage weighted areas. Master those areas to make the most use of the time you've given yourself. AT: I guess we will find out after reading the study guide. 
  • Make up some use cases on how you would deliver  projects to a team in your company or work place. Don't forget to role play because you'll need to understand what each permission allows you to do. It may seem like a lot of work. In the end, it will pay off by passing the exam but also adding skills to your experience. AT: This is a great idea: we should define the roles and the test scenarios, then assign these roles to the team members and test. 
  • ACP 100 vs. 120 (Cloud)? Which one is more popular?
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2023

Hi @Ahmad Torjaman ,

Free account should be okay. The other option is to setup a docker environment to spin a trial instance up if you or the group is familiar with the tech stack. 

Correct. The Study guide will indicate the area percentages. 

They are similar with some variation as Jira cloud has different views and other features not available to on-prem. Would recommend to take the one that you are using currently. Studying for one that you won't usually use regularly, will often times lose bits of that knowledge over time. 

-Ben

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply. Can one of our study team create an admin free trial account, then grant us all access based on different roles? How long does the free account stay active? and what is the cost to keep it open for two months? 

As for Cloud, most of the companies I worked with use Cloud in the U.S. as they prefer SaaS to save cost. 

Ramesh jayawardana March 1, 2023

It's better if each individual has his or her own environment since we all can practice all the scenarios related to each user case. We can use trial licenses which gives 30 days.  

Ramesh jayawardana March 1, 2023

Hi Ahmad, I will cover it.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2023

For cloud, you can sign up for a free plan which allows for 10 users. It's doesn't have all the same features as the standard plan but should be enough to practice for your exam. 

One person can sign up and invite the rest of the team, everyone can create their own project.

-Ben

Geeta Basker March 1, 2023

Hi @Benjamin ,

I've a question. Should we buy the trial dumps available on different websites? Would that helpful ? As you have already passed the exam, you can give us a better idea.

Thanks!!

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2023

Hello @Geeta Basker , you should never buy trial dumps from the web, ever.  If you are in search of practice questions and accidentally happen upon someone selling actual pirated exam questions, then use them to take your exam, you are likely to experience an unwanted result, as this would be considered misconduct. 

Through data forensics, Atlassian can identify people who use 'exam dumps' with very high degrees of certainty, and per the terms of the Candidate Agreement, has the option to revoke your credentials, and ban you from further participation in the program.  If you are employed by any partner of Atlassian, Atlassian can inform your employer of your misconduct.

Instead, make use of the practice questions in the Exam Success course -- they are developed by the Atlassian Certification team specifically to help you learn and prepare you for the exam.

- Atlassian Certification Team

Geeta Basker March 1, 2023

@Julia : I was in fact trying to find practice questions. I was also not aware about the Atlassian policy about this code of conduct.

Thanks for this update.

-Geeta

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2023

@Geeta Basker , yes, it's risky because you might accidentally end up with a problematic set of questions while simply looking for a good practice set!   Stick with Atlassian's questions inside the Exam Success Course, and study all the explanations for all the options -- the team puts great nuggets of information in the explanations that will help prepare you for many of the questions on the exam! :-)

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2023

@Geeta Basker 

Totally resonate with what @Julia mention. Stick with the exam study guide provided. As long as you go through it and practice, should be able to tackle most of the questions that you see on the exam. 

The Atlassian sample questions should give a good feel of how the exam would be like. Recommend taking this as well. 

One important tip I forgot to mention, take your time on the exam. Read every word carefully. You should have plenty of time to complete. 

Good Luck!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events