Any study group for ACP-100?

Kay M April 3, 2020

Hello,

Is any virtual study groups going on for ACP-100 now? I am interested to join. Or start a new one? Thoughts, interests, ideas for study group as well for prep. Thanks

7 comments

Comment

Detris Brown April 8, 2020

I'm interested in starting a new one or joining your existing one.

Like Kay M likes this
Kay M April 11, 2020

Hi @Detris Brown Thanks for your interest. Please let me know if you have any idea on what we can do as study group and how to connect etc. We can may be post each other's question here? Let me know.

Detris Brown April 11, 2020

That’s great. Let’s do that.

Let’s test each other’s knowledge.

1. What are workflows in Jira and why are they useful?

Kay M April 11, 2020

Its a process of steps/stages set for an issue to travel. Its useful to make sure the same process is followed for same/similar set of issues. Just layman terms, as I haven't gotten around to studying guide for WF yet.

I will post any of my doubts here. The user guide says we should be able to export results of JQL to Excel & XML. But by default only XML & CSV are avl among others, no excel. If I assume they mean CSV as Excel, we can enable exporting into Excel specifically by updating file on server. So wondering what if there is a question like what are the formats to export results with options XML, Excel,... & XML, CSV...., which one would be choose.

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2020

I think lot of looking for same including me we can have the group

Like Kay M likes this
Kay M April 15, 2020

@Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) @Detris Brown Great, thanks for responding. As I had mentioned earlier, we can post each other's questions here so other people can clarify it if we know. If you all know of any other ways we can do the study group (of course without compromising online personal security of everyone involved), please let me know. Thank you.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2020

Let's give this a go.

https://discord.gg/tmbsxEG

If it is a disaster I'll just delete it. 🙂 What could go wrong?

Like # people like this
Kay M April 17, 2020

@Kat WarnerThis is awesome. Thank you. Will explore this.

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

I joined the group... Not planning to take any other cert right now, but I would like to learn with the group... 

:)

Like Kay M likes this
Kay M April 17, 2020

@Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) @Detris Brown I have joined in the app link that @Kat Warner posted. You can do so too to have discussions.

BTW @Kat Warner posted a question on ACP-100 channel. Pls let me know if you know about it. Thanks.

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kay M April 22, 2020

@Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) @Detris Brown Are you both planning to join the study & discussion group on the Discord app channel that @Kat Warner posted. Seems to be a good one to have discussions & msgs. I have been actively posting questions there, if that interests you all in answering. Looking forward to see you all there.

Kay M April 25, 2020

@Kat WarnerOne more question. What is the difference between adding gadget via URL vs subscribing to a gadget. I dont see anything different between these 2, as both allow to add the gadget into Jira DB. So not able to figure out what's the difference. Anyone?? Thanks.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

Hi @Kay M - I'm studying the ACP-100 . What do mean by gadget? Are you asking about the one on the dashboard where just select and add?

Kay M May 8, 2020

@BenjaminHow is the prep going. Did you leave Discord channel btw, as I couldnt tag you.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2020

@Kay M - It's going well. I want to setup my own Atlassian stack network so I can build a whole eco-system and learn beyond the ACP-100. The remaining thing for me  to do is to brush a bit more on the areas I haven't touch much and work on the virtual lab. 

How's your prep going?

Like Kay M likes this
Kay M May 13, 2020

Haven't prepared much lately, busy with work. Whenever I am in preparation, you will see lot of questions posted on Discord for sure :-) Are you still in Discord btw?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2020

@Kay M- Stay with it whenever you can because those areas you don't use often may come up in the exam. I have sign up in the next few weeks to take the exam. 

I step out to fully immerse in the application.  I'll come back after I complete the exam. 

Like Kay M likes this
Kay M May 15, 2020

Awesome @Benjamin Congratulations for signing up to take the exam. Good luck. Would love to hear from you once you take the exam.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

@Kay M - Thanks. Will do. 

Kay M May 15, 2020

@BenjaminHave some questions on scheduling the exam. How soon are we able to set it up given we are able to take it from home these days. If I am ready to pay for the exam today and go & enroll, when will I be able to take it. How long the process of writing to Atlassian & getting approval to give the exam from home take. Thank you

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

@Kay M - I always choose to go to exam center. This is my preference as I don't want to end up in a situation where I need to worry about anything else but the exam itself. Just me and the exam. My experience it is quiet and also social distancing is not an issue since no test other test takers are even near you. 

Mine is schedule in 2 weeks. Could be earlier for you depending on your location.

Like Kay M likes this
Kay M May 27, 2020

@BenjaminI completed it and passed :-) Good luck to you!!

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2020

Congratulations @Kay M !!!!

if possible, share with us your "method" :) 

Like Kay M likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2020

That's Awesome. Congrats @Kay M !

Like # people like this
Kay M May 27, 2020

Thank you both. @Patricia Francezi As we all know, lot of reading and trying out are involved. @Kat Warnerguide is definitely a good one you can follow. Honestly, in my case, I wasnt planning to take the exam this soon, but for various reasons, I had to take it and schduled it just couple of days back.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2020

Hey @Kay M .... Just completed the exam today and pass as well. This time I regret my experience at the exam center. I’ll post an article on what happen once I get a break. 

The exam was a challenge. Definitely practicing the lab exercises and just exploring the features plays a huge part. 

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2020

Congrats @Benjamin !!!!!!!!

Like Benjamin likes this
Kay M June 8, 2020

Thats great @BenjaminCongratulations!!

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2020

I am planning for exam next month, here is my approach and i am also publishing into blog too. 

• List down all the exam topics.
  • Explore each topi with every details what is expected from an admin
  • Note down all important notes.
  • Complete all sections 
  • Before exam , read the important notes.

I have just completed first section and i have listed down all the important notes here, please share your feedback.

https://www.techclimbs.com/2020/05/acp-100-01.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events