Which is the best Certification - for Beginners

Mamtha Nagaraja September 22, 2022

Hello All, 

Can i get some guidance on which is the first step to start the Certification path i have had less than a year experience managing projects in Jira , is it too early to consider getting certified?

Mamtha

4 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Mamtha Nagaraja

I agree with @Julia that the ACP-610 and 620, the Jira Project Administrator are solid beginner courses to help you learn the structure of the Atlassian exams, and also the products. For me as a practitioner, it was also a good source of advice and rationale for how to keep your Jira system tidy and running smoothly.

As @Richard N_ suggests, I would reccomend to access the Atlassian University, find and access the couse for the ACP-600 level series and, after taking a look at the topics covered, to make yourself a study plan taking into account areas that you don't use very much. In my experience with these certifications, the hardest section for me was the reports as I very rarely use them in my day-to-day practice, but you might have a different experience.

I would also recommend to make a regular time to study, maybe not every day but a few hours a week for 5-6 weeks as the exams are no joke. Last year, I studied in September and October, attempted my first exam, failed, tried again and passed and then passed the other exam in December. 

There are a lot of resources available on the wider internet as well, such as exam question dumps or flashcards. I would discourage you from using these as sometimes they have incorrect information and you could potentially be unlearning the correct information you studied from Atlassian. For everything else, you can always come back here and ask more questions as you have them. Good luck and happy studying! :)

1 vote
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

@Mamtha Nagaraja , I suggest you set your sights on the Managing Jira Projects certification.  Make sure to complete the Managing Jira Projects course and the recommended additional free training courses, and study all the sample questions, before the exam.

If you've been managing projects in Jira consistently for 6 months or more, you may  well be ready to earn this certification.  Start by downloading the Exam Topics PDFs -- how far are you from mastering all the covered topics?

Cloud: https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/840992-acp-620-managing-jira-cloud-projects-certification

DC and Server: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/843992-acp-610-managing-jira-project-for-data-center-certification

Best Regards,

Atlassian Certification Team

Bijoy September 22, 2022

Thanks. I'm also new. And will follow these instructions.

0 votes
thob September 22, 2022

@Mamtha Nagaraja  I suggest you set your sights on the Managing Jira Projects certification or ACP 610

0 votes
Richard N_ September 22, 2022

Hi Mamtha,

You will want to start by visiting Atlassian University

There are a variety of courses to take, some are paid and some are free.  The Learning Paths area should be able to guide you in the right direction for what you need.

Good Luck!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events