Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question 7 of the Sandbox Challenge

Youcef Madi December 8, 2023

Hello,

I am currently preparing for the ACP-620 certification and at the end of the course there are preparation questions for the exam. There is this question:

Question 7 :

"...Mikki must be able to change the priority of problems and assign them to herself.
She shouldn't get more permissions than she needs.

What are the two roles to be assigned to Mikki? (Choose two.)

A.Administrators
B.Users
C.Developers
D. Assignable
E.Assign"

I chose "Assign" and "Assignable". But the site tells me that I was wrong with the following explanations:

A. Incorrect. Based on the requirements (edit priority and assign to herself), she needs four project permissions; Browse Projects, Assign Issues, Assignable User, Edit Issues. So we need to find two roles that she needs that cover all four permissions. The two roles are Users and Assignable. And we can only select two roles that she needs. And, she should not be granted more permissions than are necessary, so she does not need the Administer Projects permission.

B. Correct. The Users role gives Mikki the ability to see the issues (Browse Projects) and to assign issues to herself or other team members (Assign Issues).

C. Incorrect. The Developers role is not needed since there’s no requirement to create issues. And we can only select two roles that she definitely needs.

D. Correct. The Assignable role gives Mikki the ability to assign issues to herself (Assignable User) and to edit priority (Edit Issues).

E. Incorrect. Assign role is not needed since Mikki already has the Users role which gives her Assign Issues permission. And we can only select two roles that she definitely needs.

I am not aligned with the answers given. And the rationale for answer E makes no sense.
I maintain that the correct answers should be D and E.

Tell me what you think: do you agree or not?

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Elshamaa December 8, 2023

Hey @Youcef Madi ,

Do you have a snapshot of the permission scheme that you can share?

Note that the assign role is not to be confused with the assign issue permission. An important part of the question's wording says "she should not be granted more permissions than are necessary". So, it seems to me like: Even though the assign role is letting Mikki assign issues, it's also granting her other permissions that are not needed. In that case, you would have to assign Mikki the Users role so she can get exactly the adequate permissions.

I hope that was clear enough, please let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks,

George (ServiceRocket)

Youcef Madi December 11, 2023

OK.

With hindsight and your help, I understand better.

Thank you for your clarification.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2023

Hi @Youcef Madi 

Welcome to the community.

B and D.

D and E would not give the Mikki browse permission. Browse is the essential permission otherwise not project access is allowed, so no issue can even be seen.

Youcef Madi December 11, 2023

OK @Marc Koppelaar . With hindsight and your help, I understand better.

Thank you for your clarification.

Other questions will arise in the future :-)

Youcef

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events