Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Agile Certification Exam Order

Dominique Greene July 28, 2023

Hi everyone,

I want to become an Atlassian Certified Expert by taking the Atlassian Cloud certifications. Is there any recommended order to take the certifications? I also became confused by the numbers (600, 300, etc). The certifications I am thinking of going for are as follows:

Managing Jira Projects for Cloud certification (ACP-620)
ACP-OA Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin
ACP-JCA Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Cloud (ACP-120)
ACP-MJSP Atlassian Certified Jira Service Project Manager for Cloud (ACP-420)

And Badge:
APB-CSA Confluence Space Administration Pro Skills Badge

Any suggestions on how best to tackle this?

Thank you.

4 answers

4 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2023

Hi @Dominique Greene 

Just to add an additional view, personally I find that working from the lowest to the highest level of administration worked well for me, for the exams I've completed.

So I would do:

• ACP-620 - Managing Jira Projects
  • ACP-420 - Jira Service Project Manager
  • ACP-120 - Jira Administrator
  • ACP-520 - Organization Admin

But, it is personal preference as others have said.

Ste

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2023

I agree with this (and also with the statement that you should aim for certs that are closest to your role in the org).

A suggestion would be to leave ACP-520 for the end as it combines the knowledge from ACP-620 and ACP-120 (+ some details about Confluence administration). So doing those first will make preparing for Org Admin certification much easier.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2023

@Dominique Greene You can either take 

APB-CSA Confluence Space Administration Pro Skills Badge or 

to become Atlassian Certified Expert you don't have to take both. I'd suggest starting with the easiest exam first and then go to the hardest:

1. APB-CSA Confluence Space Administration Pro Skills Badge or 

2. Managing Jira Projects for Cloud certification (ACP-620)
  3. ACP-OA Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin (ACP-520)
  4. ACP-JCA Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Cloud (ACP-120)
0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2023

Hi,

There's no specific order. The numbers is doesn't have relevance to the order you should take them. It is more related to a series in a particular domain. 

6xx is project administration

4xx is Jira service management

1xx is Jira administration. 

Take the ones relevant to your current job/role as @Ed Osborn mentioned. If you find yourself working more with end-user working in Jira. Take the 620 first. If you find yourself more on the product admin side, take 120 and follow by 420. IF you are an org admin in your company and managing users, then may want to take Organization admin early on.  From my experience, 620 is easier of the exams if you want to ease into the certifications and get a feel for them.

Best of luck.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ed Osborn July 28, 2023

I'm not aware of any 'best' order to complete the certifications. I would start with whichever certification is most relevant to your current role. I started with managing Jira service projects, then managing Jira projects, then Org Admin as it was newly released, and finally Jira Administration. In retrospect I probably would have done Jira Administration sooner as it was so valuable as far as best practices go; I ended up reworking a few aspects of our environment after taking that course so I could have saved some re-work by taking it sooner.

Note that you don't need the APB-CSA confluence badge to become atlassian certified expert if you have the other 4 certs. Never a bad idea, though.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events