cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is prior work experience in Jira key for ACP 600 certification

Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2019

Hi everyone,

Will prior work experience in Jira help/influence answering correctly the questions in ACP 600 certification, or is it still fine for a person who is new to Jira to take the certification by preparing with materials / demo videos etc, kindly share your thoughts. 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2019

Hello,
I took this exam when I worked in Cloud Jira as a user and admin for a couple of years. I can’t say that everything that was in the preparatory course was new, but the course helped to structure my knowledge.
In the ACP-600 course, it is important to well know, in the main workflow settings, screens, issues types, permissions schemes and the difference between them all.
There is also a block of questions on JQL, dashboards, and reports.

Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2019

Thanks a lot Yevhen for sharing insights.

1 vote
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

Hi Vinod,

I've also taken the exam (and passed) in the last year or so. Certainly having prior experience will help you, no doubt.

However, the ACP-600 certification is a great entry way to Atlassian products and if you follow the included coursework very carefully, and study hard, I think you can do it!

Carolyn

Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

Thanks a lot Carolyn for your response, much appreciated.

Like carolyn french likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events