Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for an overall "master" timeline for multiple projects

matt June 29, 2020

Hi everyone!

Admittedly, I'm fairly new to JIRA, but I've done a bit of research on here, as well as try most of the apps that come recommended for what I'm looking to achieve - however none of them tend to achieve what we are after.

In a nutshell... We are we web development agency and we often have multiple projects on the go. These range from basic builds (3-5 days) to advanced builds (3-5 weeks) to custom applications (8 weeks) as well as service desk requests for our own community applications.

JIRA itself has been an amazing tool for us in terms of documentation, and to a degree, project management. When I say that, I really mean it has kicked us in the butt by making us document every step of the way so that nothing gets lost in communications - and I LOVE it. 

Having said that, I'm struggling to keep a close eye on time allocation for each employee and committing tasks/projects to individuals. Our development team is small, and everyone currently bounces from one project to another when need be. I need a tool to ensure we can all visually see what each member is working on across all tasks from multiple projects during the week.

Annoyingly, we are coming from using Monday, as the customization and level of documentation weren't nearly enough for our preference. Having said that, their "master roadmap" feature, giving a global view of tasks, projects, and allocations was very easy to use and understand. 

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for a  feature like this? Even if it's something outside of Jira, but actually allows me to connect Jira projects/tasks to it so our team can see a calendar that includes all their tasks?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

3 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2020

Hi @matt

If you are looking for a Timeline (not a Calendar) showing Jira issues with start and end dates, across different projects, our Golive app could be an option.

The main use case of the app is Release Management and Test Environment Management, however we have already several customers using it to schedule Jira issues and publish their global planning.

Contact me if you have questions or would like a quick demo.

Cheers,

David

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2020

Hi @matt welcome to the community:)!

I think you can consider apps from Atlassian Marketplace developed by my team:

Time in Status for Jira Cloud lets you monitor time in status data for each assignee and total time issues have been assigned to each user (assignee time). You can monitor all the data regardless of a project. You just need to select an issue list of the time report by a type of Sprint, Label, Assignee, Reporter, or Filter.time in status assignee.gifassignee time.gif

By using Issue History  you will get the full history of the working activity of any user from your Jira account. Besides, you can select the issue changelog report by the same parameters as in the previous app (for all projects)

issue history 2.gifissue history 3.gifissue history.gif

Hope it helps

Let me know if you have any question

Regards

Zoryana

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2020

Hi Matt,

I believe time tracking feature of Jira is what you're looking for. Also you can use JQL filters to track each member and get a sense that who was working on what issue and how much time they spent on it. There are also apps that can do advanced time tracking where you can see user's time sheets.

Let me know if you have more questions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events