Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont have any JIRA experience. Is giving ACP-600 a good way to learn JIRA.

Shweta Mathur February 4, 2020

I dont have any JIRA experience. Is giving ACP-600 a good way to learn JIRA.

I need to learn it as this is what they are asking in the interviews for PM Agile roles.

Or should I just do some course and not do the certification ?

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi @Shweta Mathur 

Welcome to the community. 

If you are new to Jira, I do not suggest doing any certification yet because as mentioned in the certification page

Six months' exposure to Jira is recommended before taking the training course.

Instead, I suggest taking the free courses from here

I hope this helps. 

Regards,
Adrian Stephen

Josephine_Lyttle March 5, 2020

Thanks for the info!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew Stublefield
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

Despite what Adrian wrote above, ACP-600 includes training that literally walks you step-by-step through everything covered in that exam. The training included with that cert is comprehensive and you should be able to pass the exam if you pay attention to the training, take notes, and study it.

That doesn't apply for the other exams which do not include comprehensive study materials. Those are much harder. But you could potentially do ACP-600.

All that said, the original question was, "Is ACP-600 a good way to learn Jira?" and I'd say the answer is... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You will learn things, but you'd be better off installing Jira somewhere (or signing up for Cloud) and working through the documentation to create a few projects. Get a handle on each of the schemes and make some workflows and you'll learn a lot of what you need to know. I typically find that once someone has made 3 projects with custom schemes that required really thinking through the business needs, they have a pretty solid understanding.

Shweta Mathur February 5, 2020

Thank you ! That helps. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events