Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for training and education on CMDB specific to the out of The box function Services

Michael Colling April 11, 2023

We are looking at implementing a CMDB and I see that Services (via Affected Services custom field) ties into Change management

I want to fully understand how this works, how we need to configure it so that we can take full advantage of CI component and Conflict management it provides.

Is there any training course or videos that explain best practices on how to set this up and how the function works?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hey @Michael Colling!

The best recommendation for available training that Atlassian offers in the University is their Advanced Asset course: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/1229507-advanced-asset-management-in-jira-service-management-course-description?sid=fccb6061-6cc4-4e7d-ac59-5d6e31439b7c&sid_i=13

I have not personally taken it, but it seems the most relevant to what you are looking for.

I hope that helps!

Michael Colling April 11, 2023

I have taken that course and it does not have anything related to the Out of the box Services configuration

Like Kalin U likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

That's really unfortunate.  I'm not aware of anything else that Atlassian offers.  The only other thing I can think of to offer is to try the Atlassian Partner Directory and filter for those that offer training on Jira Service Management and then ask if they offer anything on out of the box services.

Lauren Allen April 11, 2023

@Michael Colling Incident Management Essentials covers a little bit of the Services feature. It's focus is specifically on Atlassian's approach to major incident management and ties together JSM, Opsgenie, Statuspage, Bitbucket/Git repositories, and setting up services with a team, on call schedule, repository and relationships between services. That may cover off what you need. 

Another thing that may be useful is the Asset Management Essentials in JSM course. It covers Assets which is where Services are stored so although it's not specific to services, it is about using Assets as a CMDB.

Lastly option, although I'm yet to actually run through these ones, you may find some relevant info in Bitbucket Pipelines and/or DevOps Essentials courses. 

All are available in the Atlassian University and via Atlassian training partners, the latter which will give you an in person instructor so you can ask questions and get more context.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events