Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the certification done from here?

Ajinkya May 5, 2023

I am new here, but I am interested in learning and mastering the Jira and Confluence, can anyone suggest how can I accomplish that? 

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hi @Ajinkya,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd start by looking at the Learning Paths in the Atlassian University.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Welcome to the Community, @Ajinkya ! Like Jimmy said, Atlassian University is your best resource! And some of the courses are free:

https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=21734-free-training

I'd also recommend to get an instance of Jira and Confluence to try it (nothing can replace the hands-on training!): 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/free

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2023

Great call out @Carlos Garcia Navarro!  That's very true.  However, please note that the free version doesn't allow you to learn much when it comes to setting custom permissions.

Like # people like this
Ajinkya May 5, 2023

Thank you guys, this is really helpful for me. I wandering around trying to look for the right resources, Thanks   

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 5, 2023

If you are looking for advice or opinions on Atlassian certifications, here it goes: 

As someone who was interested in becoming certified, I have found that their exams are deliberately put together in a very incoherent manner; specifically, the Jira for Data Center Certification.  The questions barely make any sense and the answers for each selection are either identical or in no way represent the best answer to the question.  Clearly, whoever is putting the exam together does not possess adequate writing skills. in addition, the exam prep will in no way prepare you for this certification.  I had reconsidered taking the exam but between the scammy and fraudulent approach that Atlassian has taken, and the cost for this certification, I can see no justification, ROI, or significant career advancement from this certification.  $250 for a project tracking certification is unreasonably high in my honest opinion.  

Ultimately, the choice is yours.  Good luck to you in your certification pursuit.

Ajinkya May 6, 2023

Wow, that's a honest review for the exam, certified or not I will like to master/up skill myself and be well equipped with it. Going ahead with your review in mind I will surely like to give one try with the exam, I might not have the affordability for the 2nd time if it really takes $250.

But thanks for the heads up, but I will give my fair share of try

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user May 8, 2023

Best of luck to you in your exam! Hopefully Atlassian is reading this and takes action to terminate the person who created the exam and rewrites it in a coherent manner. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events