Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I lead a study group for ACP-610/620 candidates?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2022

Several people are interested in ACP-610 and 620 certifications, and I have been trying to help with study and preparation but could use some pro tips in that area. The prep course and documentation just lay out the facts but completely lack context.  It's like describing the experience of eating pizza by listing all of the ingredients of each component and then asking people to imagine what it's like when you roll out the dough, spread the sauce and cheese, and bake. 

What's the best way to get people the hands-on experience they need for the cert?  Yes, hands-on experience, in general, is required, but there are specific activities that people should know which may not be a part of their everyday experience.  Creating the batpoop insane nested date queries we've seen in the exam is not part of my general Jira existence.  Yes, setting up an environment sounds like a great idea, but I remember prepping.  I got an instance, and.... now what?  What to do with this sandbox?  What toys should I play with?

Elements used to host a fantastic and challenging JQL quiz, but it's gone now, unfortunately.

It would be fantastic if there were an outline of how to create an environment - how many users, what sort of data, types of exercises to perform, etc.

Does anything like this exist? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Zdeněk May 17, 2022

I agree with you 100 %. I hope to get some useful tips here since I have not finished my certifications yet. I read almost any possible documentation and took the prep course twice but the examples in the exam are totally different than what you learn by studying the documentation. I set up my own instance but there is so many use cases that you just can't try or think of everything. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events