Fair?

Pero Medic September 22, 2022

I have been preparing for the ACP-120 exam and have given it my all. I did the courses and took all your tips to heart, even from the call with the 5 tips.

Now I still failed the exam the first time on September 10, 2022 which made me sad. Now I wrote the exam again on September 22, 2022.

In the course description it says that it is up to 70 questions. In the exam, on September 22, 2022, there were actually 75.

Then at the end of the exam it said that I scored 63.7% of 64.0% of the points and did not pass. When I then received the confirmation email it said 63.0% at the end. Why would be rounded here and why -0.7%.

What I want to say is that I find this unfair. I do not know how my colleagues who are also preparing for the exam see it. According to the numbers and what they said should have passed. Is there a way of fairness there at Atlassian?

5 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2022

We have corrected the page for exam ACP-120 to reflect that up to 75 questions may be shown.  Thank you for flagging this problem for us!

Regarding scores:

Possible scores for this exam include 63.07% (which rounds down to 63% in the results email) and 64.6% (the required passing score, which shows as 64% on the web and in the testing system).   

Best Regards,

Atlassian University Team

Pero Medic September 26, 2022

Hi Julia,

before the exam there were the official criteria at the front about the cost, duration, percentage to be achieved and maximum questions. I took my time, paid the stated fees, arrived on time for the appointment and answered the questions asked. With the number of questions I answered correctly, I would have passed the exam. The official number of questions required has now been increased after I wrote. Are the official numbers we see not binding?

I think it would be fair to say: we have changed the rules here at this point, but have not communicated this, so we still calculate according to the officially stated rules at the time of the exam and I would have passed.

I would also find it better for everyone if the confirmation email reflects PSI's numbers and the same decimal places are used everywhere, otherwise you will be faced with the same issue over and over again at that point, which you could just avoid.

Please let me know if I see something wrong or misunderstood. I just want to be happy with Atlassian and always sell the product to our customers with a good feeling.

I am very happy if we can find a way together as I value the product and the community very much. I will continue to value them as well, just would be cool if this could be worked out.

Best regards

Pero

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Pero Medic ,

This point is not correct: "With the number of questions I answered correctly, I would have passed the exam. "  While you were only one scored question away from the passing score, we must apply that same passing score consistently to everyone.  We didn't change any rules -- nothing changed about the version of the exam you took and the passing standard you were evaluated against, which is configured in the testing system. The passing score remains 64%.  All we changed was the expectation-setting about whether you could see up to 75 questions (vs up to 70).

The information on our website is in fact not 'binding'. If a person took a version of the exam with a passing score of 60%, for example, and passed with a score of 63%, then if we mistakenly showed a different passing score of 65% on the website due to human error in updating the information, we would not then revoke the passing score and cause the person to fail.  Consider the data on the website to be informational. Even if we mistakenly stated on the website that the passing score was 60% and it was really 70% in the testing system, we would evaluate everyone's exam based on the actual passing score of 70%. What is binding is the passing standard that applies to the exam in the testing system -- that reflects the standard of competency we apply to all test takers. 

I understand this is really frustrating when Atlassian makes a mistake updating our website information, and I appreciate your recommendation that we align the score reporting on the email to what you see on screen.  I agree that would be an improvement for everyone and we'll get this addressed.   

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

I don't see any unfairness here, only a bit of inconsistency.

If they've changed the (maximum) number of questions from 70 to 75, then someone absolutely should update the documentation to tell us that.

On the scoring, I suspect the inconsistency is a simple one - the exam system is giving you a percentage rounded to 1 decimal place, but the email has been told to round it to 0 decimal places (humans don't tend to care about the decimal places in a percentages.  In most cases, we don't usually care about the preciseness of the second digit either).  But, yes, I would like to see the email lined up with what the exam system reports back to you, whatever rounding is chosen.  

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

@Pero Medic 

That sounds unfair to me if you're score was 63.7 and the pass mark is 64 that's a pass in my opinion. 

It's always worth asking - Atlassian are fair and transparent and it might take some time but they'll correct a mistake if one has been made or clarify it for you if not.

0 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

One thing is, You can raise a Atlassian support ticket with your concern and now as you have experience of exam for two times, better to sit and recall all the points which were asked in the exam and this time for sure you can crack it. Hope it helps.

Pero Medic September 23, 2022

I don't know, I believe in Atlassian and sell Atlassian products to our customers. Thanks for your tip but now I can pay the fee again, take time I don't have and lose sales. The exam is exhausting. Writing again is twice as exhausting. Why when I've given everything on my part. I'll submit a ticket to support and see how Atlassian responds. I don't want anything for free, just that it's correct.

0 votes
thob September 22, 2022

@Pero Medic Do you mean October 22 of this year?

Pero Medic September 22, 2022

No, i ment September 2022, I correct it

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events