Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it matter which email address I register for Atlassian certification under?

krobinson March 6, 2019

I have several different email addresses, all of which forward to my primary address. Does it matter which email address I use to register for and take certifications under? If I use email address-A to register for the test under, will I have a problem displaying my badge using address-B latter which may have server licenses listed under them?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hi Ken,

In the Personal email field, you should use an email where we can reach you even if you change jobs.  The Personal email field is the one used for system notifications, including exam appointment reminders and reminders that your Certifications will suspend or expire and need to be extended.  You can change the value in your Personal email at any time.

When you enable digital badging for your earned Certifications, you can specify a different email address that will become your badge identity when sharing badges. This is done in the Badging Settings section of the Certification Portal. (You'll set the Badging email address, but if you later need to change it, all badges previously shared under the prior Badging email address will no longer be able to be verified through the system and would need to be shared again.) 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hello,

Where do you want a badge to be displayed? Basically it does not matter, what email you use. Later your employer can ask you to connect your certificate to this employer. You will need to put your email for this employer in the working email in your certification account.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events