Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming Atlassian Certified Expert without Data Center/Jira Service

Sierra Valdez September 20, 2022

Afternoon/Morning, 

I am new to the Community aspect, but have some work experience handling Administration duties of Atlassian for my company. I have been studying and started the road towards badges and certifications. 

I came across confusion when I read about the Atlassian Certified Expert course requirements. I am planning to take the following courses in Path 1:

However, as probably noticed, I run short of one more course required from any of the following:

• ACP-SA Atlassian Certified System Administrator
  • ACP-JSD Atlassian Certified Jira Service Desk Administrator
  •  ACP-CA Atlassian Certified Confluence Administrator for Data Center

My question is can an individual become a Atlassian Certified Expert with only Cloud, and without Jira Service Product? My company does not utilize the Data Center due to expected retirement or Jira Service per no business need at this time. The Atlassian Product Family that we use are Atlassian Confluence, Jira Software Cloud and Atlassian Access.

This is important to me, because I am one of the few "go-to" experts in my company for Atlassian and wish to be certified. However, I rather be told its not possible or they are updating to provide more cloud courses to 'even the requirement field', so I do not mess up my future education with Atlassian. 

Thank you.

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2022

We have some exciting news to share!  In January or February of 2023, there will be a new Cloud-only path to Atlassian Certified Expert that includes an Atlassian Organization Administrator certification.   This means that ACE can be earned either without Jira Service Management OR without Confluence Space Administration.

Brandon Haverland February 25, 2023

Hi @Julia ! Are there any new details on the timeline for the Atlassian Organization Administrator Certification? Thanks!

Like Panagiotis likes this
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2023

Hi @Brandon Haverland , we don't have an exact release date yet.  It's close though!

At this stage we're simply holding back while we check to make sure that the courses and exam are updated for changes to org admin features that are happening in real time.  Would you check back with us in 2 weeks to see where we stand with a release date? 

:-)

Julia

Like # people like this
James Croft March 13, 2023

Hi @Julia 

Is there any update on the Atlassian Certified Organization Administrator Certification? 

Thanks

Like # people like this
James Croft April 3, 2023

Hi @Julia ,

Still no update?

Panagiotis April 26, 2023

Hello @Julia ,

Is there any update on this? 

Thank you.

Like Bryan Urias likes this
Sierra Valdez May 8, 2023

@Julia It has been two months with no response. Do you have an update regarding the course's release? This was originally forecasted in December of '22, then announced Jan/Feburary '23 and we are almost halfway through the year now.

Like # people like this
Ed Osborn May 10, 2023

@Julia I am also hoping for info on the release of the Org Admin certification. Any update on when it's expected to be available?

Like Bryan Urias likes this
Ladislav Zastera May 11, 2023

Hello, any update here?

Ed Osborn May 19, 2023

@Ladislav Zastera  @Sierra Valdez @Panagiotis The ACP-520 Atlassian Organization Administration test is available in the certification portal now - I just booked it. 

Like # people like this
Panagiotis May 21, 2023

Thank you @Ed Osborn

Just booked it as well! 

Bryan Urias May 21, 2023

@Ed Osborn Thank you for letting us know! :) 

Panagiotis May 23, 2023

Hello Everyone,

Atlassian Organization Administrator Certification is now officially available under the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin Learning path at Atlassian University.

Currently, it is provided at a Limited-time introductory price of 100$(instead of 249$). 

When you purchase it, will grant you access to a well-designed and very helpful Exam Success course, and also You’ll receive a voucher to schedule and take your exam without additional costs.

I hope that helps.

Ed Osborn May 23, 2023

@Panagiotis  do you have a direct URL for that Exam Success course? I booked my exam on the PSI site, before it was updated to show as available on Atlassian University, so I never got any link to the Exam Success course. Curious if I automatically have access or it'll prompt me to buy it. 

Panagiotis May 23, 2023

@Ed Osborn the same happened to me. It will prompt you to buy this again but if the exam is more than 48 hours away you can cancel it and get the refund automatically. Then you will be able to reschedule using the voucher. This is what I did. 

If the exam is in less than 48 hours I would suggest you to contact Atlassian support for that matter.

Like Ed Osborn likes this
0 votes
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2023

@Sierra Valdez and Atlassian community,

We are pleased to announce that the Atlassian Organization Administrator Certification Exam (which is on the path to becoming an ACE, Atlassian Certified Expert) is now officially available! 

So sign up, go through the Exam Success Course (which has loads of practice questions, exam hints, and learning content), and you'll do great! 

Check out this announcement: 

If you're new to the Admin Hub, look at the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin learning path at Atlassian University. 

Best wishes,

Joanna and the Atlassian University certification team

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Sierra Valdez , thanks for your question and congrats on deciding to get certified.

I agree with you that currently, if you are only using Cloud and not Service Management, that there isn't a pathway for you to get Atlassian Certified as an expert.

My understanding is that this qualification should be for people who have achieved a level of expertise in both platforms, self-hosted and Cloud. If you aren't using self-hosted, that is fine, but it would also not make sense to have a certification to say you are an expert in both platforms if you use only Cloud. It is possible, for example, to install a local instance of a self-hosted Jira and teach yourself and using the Atlassian University to achieve the Data Center certifications. That is what I did to get the Project admin certification for Jira Data Center. It depends on your commitment to study and also the financial and time resources you have available to you, if this would be feasible.

I would encourage you anyway to get certified in Jira Cloud, as a project admin and then for the Jira Cloud platform, but at the moment, I think it wouldn't be possible for you to become a certified expert. I would say it is worth keeping an eye on the page about the Atlassian Certfied Expert because it might be the case in some near future that Atlassian create another pathway.

Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

@Vivek Chauhanin In addition, I am also on the verge of going on this path towards certification and this is what I found out recently.

There is  an "only Cloud Requirement" pathway now and a new Certification is yet to be released,

This would be available later this year.

ACP-AOA Atlassian Certified Organization Administrator (Coming December 2022)

More details can be found here

https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/844004-atlassian-certified-master#requirements-using-data-center-and-server-certifications-8.

Hope this is helpful.

Sierra Valdez October 5, 2022

@Lewis Tanguhwar 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. That was previously not stated on the page when I posted this. I am so excited for that course to come out!

Like Lewis Tanguhwar likes this
0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022

Hello @Sierra Valdez ,

Hope you are doing well!!

If you want to just peruse the Cloud course and certification only then the path for becoming Atlassian Certified Expert would be 

For more information you can have look at the Atlassian Certified Expert : Atlassian

Hope this information is helpful!

Regards,
Mayur

Sierra Valdez September 21, 2022

@Mayur Jadhav , I think there was a typo, because you stated ACP-MJCP twice, were you trying to mention another course?

Thanks.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

Hello @Sierra Valdez , Yes you are correct my bad it is  ACP-MJSP Atlassian Certified Jira Service Project Manager for Cloud for Jira Service Management for Cloud.

Like Leandro Azevedo likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events