cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian University - Gateway Error

Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

I am trying to purchase "Jira Essentials with Agile Mindset" and the Managing Jira Projects: Certification bundle from Atlassian University.  Whenever I click the Purchase button, I get to a loading screen that eventually times out and says "504 Gateway Time-Out".  It happens every time I try to purchase a course!
Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone know of a way to fix it?  I am using Google Chrome as my browser.
Thanks!

UPDATE:  An Atlassian rep reached out to me and suggested the following:

1. Please delete the appropriate cookies for your browser. Search for browser-specific instructions on how to delete cookies.
  2. Try using a different browser. Adding an incognito window might be helpful too

I tried using an incognito window and that fixed the problem.  :)

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi, @Ditte Simard 👋  

I think you've found a problem on the Atlassian University website.  You can reach their support team directly to report it. 

See you in Vegas,

-dave

Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Thanks, I went ahead and put in ticket.  I will update this post with the support team's answer!  :)

2 votes
Michelle Sharp March 21, 2023

I had the same issue purchasing anything, the browser just wouldn’t load might be a google chrome version issue - I used an alternative browser safari or Firefox to purchase the exam and then logged back into chrome to take the exam once purchased - it was an ‘around the houses’ work around but got be in and exam ready - hope that helps 

Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Thank you for the tip!  I will give that a try.

1 vote
Sridhar Gandla March 21, 2023

the error received in 504. It seems, server error... Out of curiosity, I tried purchase but I also got the same message. All errors with starting with 5 series (For ex: 502, 504 are Server) errors..Try on alternative computer /different times in a day.. If no luck raise a Ticket to Atlassian. Good Luck !! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events