cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community & Certification Portal accounts

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2018

Hello, Community!

Can anyone please clarify, how the connection between Atlassian Community and the Certification Portal works?

Here is the situation: 

I have a registered account on the Certification Portal and there're two emails in the "Affiliation" section:

1. work email and

2. personal email

The personal email is the same as for my current (this) account. However, when I try to open a community page after signing up to Certification Portal, it opens with a new account where my work email is used.

This is a little bit confusing. 

And another thing concerns badges. In the Certification Portal there's a "Digital Badges" setting, where I can enable my Badge Identity. What email is better to be placed there? Are badges on the Certification Portal somehow connected with Badges in Attlassian Community? 

I haven't been able to find the answers.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2018

Hello all, thank you for these great questions.

Certification Portal

In the Certification Portal, your personal email is primary.  We also request your work email; if you are a solution partner, you must populate the work email field to ensure your Certifications are properly mapped to your organization.

Why is personal email primary? Because people change jobs, and it's easy to forget to update a work email address everywhere.   We send system-generated reminders to inform you when your certification needs renewal, and one-off emails to inform you of things of particular interest to ACPs. Your personal email gives us the greatest chance of finding you if you've had job changes.

For every credential you earn in the Atlassian Certification Program, you're awarded a 'digital badge' that you can use to share your credential online.  We can't yet share Certification digital badges to Community, but please be assured that this is a priority for us and we are working on making it possible.  

To your questions -- "when I try to open a community page after signing up to Certification Portal, it opens with a new account where my work email is used".   The Certification Portal and Community are not integrated, so you can be signed on to each with a different email.

"In the Certification Portal there's a "Digital Badges" setting, where I can enable my Badge Identity. What email is better to be placed there? " -- the email is to facilitate the sharing of your Certification digital badges to LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, or Twitter. 

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

Thank you for the thorough answer! 

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2018

I have wondered a similar thing and I have the added complexity of having an Atlassian Solutions partner login. I hope the certifications I earn can be "seen" everywhere I need them to be seen. Let's hope an accreditation/certification expert can answer us soon.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2018

Let's hope someone clear this out for us.

Btw. I also have an Atlassian Solutions partner account :) But as soon as it registered with a work email it's not of much interest for me.

0 votes
Priyanka Ghongade December 27, 2018

Hi,

Can we add work email on Certification Portal?

Suppose I have renewal for certification how does it work with Digital Badges. We have separate email id for community and certification.

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2018

If you wish to b contacted by us using your work email, you can put your work email in the Personal Email field.  We don't recommend this, because we may not be able to contact you if you change jobs.  There is a Work Email field, but we don't use it for system emails such as reminders about your certification due dates, etc.   

In the certification portal, you can associate digital badges in your email signature with any email address you like.  

Add digital badges to your email signature

Specially encoded digital badges represent your credentials in your email signature; when viewers click the shared badge icon, they will link directly to the Atlassian Certification database, and a 'verification' window will pop up showing details about your credential.

• Select Digital Badges then select Email Signature.
  • Select the badges you want in your signature and Preview them in size 'small' or 'medium'.
  • Supply your email address and click Submit.  The badges will be emailed to you, encoded for email platforms.
  • Follow the instructions in the email to copy and paste the encoded badges into your email signature.
Like Priyanka Ghongade likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events