Are the various exams Atlassian certification exams only administered in the English language?

daniel eayrs October 30, 2020

Someone just told me this and I can believe that is the case. Not in Simplified Chinese, Hindi, Spanish, Arabic, German, French, Portuguese, Bengali, Russian...?

Please advise.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
daniel eayrs October 30, 2020

Good afternoon @Sedera Randria

Thank you for getting back to me. I am also aware of the environment language preferences change and the analog dictionary possibilities to complete the exam.

Imagine if as a native French speaker with the questions administered in let's say Bengali, how might that go? 

Supplied with your trusty French to Bengali dictionary, JIRA/Confluence language preferences changed to French (Metropolitan or Quebecois), you attempt to successfully write a technical exam, in a foreign language, in a predefined duration specific to Bengali speakers?

I would not imagine if you are a French first speaker that your attempt at a 'fair or equitable' examination administered in said foreign language as a direct measure of your proficiencies in any ACP certification would most unnecessarily, culturally be encumbered. 

0 votes
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

Hi @daniel eayrs

Exams are in English. Like all the training materials.

Some tips for people who are not enough comfortable : 

• Switch your Jira/Confluence environment to English
  • Use the official training materials (also in English)
  • Organizing a study group with friends/co-workers can be really helpful  
  • During the exam, test aids are allowed (hard copy of English Dictionary) 

We use these tips here in Quebec - French province of Canada.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events