Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACP 620 remote exam: requirements

Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2023

Dear swarm intelligence:

I would like to get my ACP 620 certification in the coming weeks and for that, I would like to take the exam remotely. I know that the room will be filmed and should be as empty as possible. But I live in a one-room apartment, and it's really impossible to clear everything away ... So I would be interested in your experiences: Have you guys also done a remote ACP exam from home once? How did that work exactly?
Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2023

From my experience, it's not as bad as people are saying. I've actually had a 'worse' experience when taking ITIL4 certification which was taken via software from PeopleCert.

As for the requirements, it kinda depends on the proctor that will monitor the exam. Few tips there when it comes to the items in the room/near the table:

1. You don't need to clear 'everything' in the room. Just make sure there is nothing on, beneath, or near the table. For example, upon taking one exam, I had a wall in front of the monitor/laptop with some photos and medals so I had they had to scan that additionally before taking an exam (good thing the proctor was okay with it).
  2. If you have some 'open' shelves on the table, these should be empty. Drawers with items are fine (no one ever asked me to open or empty those).
  3. When it comes to bracelets, mobile phones, smart watches... these should be placed somewhere out of your reach. Pretty much everything farther than 2m should be okay.
  4. If you have some desk covers/mouse pads, these should be okay but you'll have to lift them up and show there's nothing under those.

Apart from that, I didn't have any issues when checking the device system. Unlike some other exams/programs that have to be used for a system check, if you pass the check 1-2 days before the exam, everything should be okay on the exam day as well (in some other cases I had tools that showed 'all good' on the early system check, and on the exam day the same tools would run an additional check, apart from the mentioned one, and showed warnings or errors then).

Also, I had the same situation as @Kalin U mentioned - as these exams take quite some time, staring at the screen constantly can be a bit tricky. I've moved my sight away from the screen just a bit, for like 9 or 10 seconds, and I've also got that warning message. I would only say that this part felt a bit 'too much' when it comes to the strictness of the proctor.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2023

Thank you so much for this detailed, and really helpful answer, @Tomislav Tobijas !

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
3 votes
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2023

@Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_ I had my first (and only, I hope) remote exam with PSI at home earlier in 2023 and I certainly DID NOT enjoy the experience. This brought me much more stress than I had expected. A few examples:

• I had some technical issues the previous day with downloading and installing the exam browser required by PSI (tip: make sure you do this at least a day in advance to give yourself enough time for troubleshooting/replacing your computer if needed; perform any internet connectivity tests, application compatibility tests, etc.)
  • my wireless mouse appeared as a wallet of some kind to the proctor and I had to make several awkward movements with my heavy laptop around to show that the desktop was clear (tip: either make sure you have an HD built-in camera with a good angle and uncluttered cables or borrow/buy a detachable webcam)
  • I was warned with a big red message for staring just beyond my screen when I felt my eyes exhausted and strained; afterwards I was constantly looking at the screen to avoid a second (and probably a final) warning (tip: make sure you can look at your screen for 2 or 3 hours without any break...)

Since this experience I visited a testing centre for the next exams and I can say this has been so much better:

• you're allowed to use headphones to avoid distractions
  • you can use a pen and paper provided by the centre
  • you can move, stretch and look at wherever you want when feeling strained

It all depends if there are convenient (nearby) centres though.

Marketplace Partner
September 8, 2023

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, @Kalin Uzhdrin. Highly appreciated! 

Like Kalin U likes this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2023

@Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_ I recently sat another certification exam and I did so remotely, despite my preferences.

This time around I got a less stressful proctor. Also, I infirmed them in the beginning that I may experience eye strain (3 hours with no break!) and I'll need to look outside the display for a bit. They were fine with that. Instead of the red warning, I was simply asked to move my laptop around the desk again.

Also, I got a detachable webcam the previous day. Despite my best efforts, it didn't work. So make sure you test your equipment in advance :)

Good luck and success! :)

Marketplace Partner
September 10, 2023

thanks, @Kalin U !

Was the second exam also ACP?

3 votes
Ntamen kamogne harry Michel
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2023

hi, @Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_ 

The online exam has three stages:
-a first identification and verification which is often done without the presence of the proctor (the presence of the proctor is not obligatory); you will take photos and videos of your identity documents, and of the room where you take the exam (of course it must be empty or not contain suspicious elements)
-A second identification and verification. This time, the proctor will simply check the photos and videos that you will have sent during the first identification and if he deems it necessary, he will ask you to make other videos in his presence if not, he will go to step next
-A full scan: it's simply a quick scan done by the proctor who will ask you to show your eyes, your wrists, your ears, your desk to check if you don't have an electronic device at your disposal.( no watch, no earpieces, no bracelets, no telephones, no glasses unless they are medical...)
Then you can start the exam and especially pass sudden and suspicious gestures if not the proctor will be obliged to stop your exam.
you will be in constant contact with your proctor via a chat in case of discomfort or incidents.
Good luck to you and above all trust Atlassian, everything is done so that you can have a great experience during your exam.

Ntamen kamogne harry Michel
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2023

And above all, don't panic, you will most certainly need to download an application that will allow you to activate your composition session. This is an inevitable and risk-free step.
I would advise you to take an office or go to a friend of yours who has either a bedroom or a not too cluttered office.

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
August 22, 2023

Thank you for your reply, @Ntamen kamogne harry Michel !

3 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2023

@Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_ ,

Not done one from home yet especially due to the strict requirements.

When i've done them from the office I had to show the entire room, under the desk and had the camera face the door while taking the exam so they could see if anybody entered.

For items/clutter they even asked me to put my id card in a corner of the room and not on the desk.

So I'm afraid they are very strict when it comes to things in your field of view/on the desk/in the room.

If you can, do try and find another place with minimal items in it where you can be sure not to be disturbed, maybe even a friends house/bedroom/.. it just takes away part of an already stressful moment.

Marketplace Partner
August 22, 2023

Thank you so much for sharing your experience @Dirk Ronsmans 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events