ACP 100 Preparation / Differences to ACP 600

Hannes October 4, 2019

Hallo everybody!

I recently passed the ACP 600 JIRA Project Admin and now I will immediately go for ACP 100 JIRA Admin. I have some questions regarding this:

1) What’s your feeling: How much do the topics overlap?

2) Does it make sense to continue with ACP 100 or would you recommend a different Certification to continue?

3) For ACP 600 I registered for the University Course and received a voucher for the exam:

a) My understanding of ACP 100 is that I have to register directly for the exam via Kryterion for 350$

b) Courses are additional and not included in the 350$

c) Atlassian recommends these courses:

- JIRA Admin Prep 1 & 2

- Getting more from JIRA Workflows

- JIRA Admin Certification Preparation

Does anyone of these provide a voucher for the exam?

d) Which of these recommended courses I should visit in your personal opinion?

e) Do you recommend other courses/additional documentation and so on?

Thanks for your reply, his will help me a lot! :)

Best,

Hannes

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2019

Until recently I have been suggesting Atlassian Certified in Agile Development with Jira Software  or Atlassian Certified Jira Service Desk Administrator as a followup to Atlassian Certified in Jira Project Administration based on the level of experience and knowledge required.

There is a temptation to go with Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator though now that maintaining ACP-100 automatically meets the requirements for maintaining ACP-600.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Hi Kat, can you clarify your suggestions?  I would like to know your thoughts on why those two tests are a better follow up - it will help me in my decision making.  Thanks!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 22, 2020

The 2 certifications I suggested focus on different parts of the full Jira tool s there is less content to learn/know.

Check out Atlassian Training learning paths and their destinations for details of the Atlassian learning paths and certifications, and Maintaining your certifications in 2020 for details on the ways you can maintain your Atlassian Certifications.

2 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

ACP-100 (ACP-JA as it's known now) tests you on topics related to administration of Jira. ACP-600 is more of a test for users. You need to know how some stuff works in the admin interface, limitations of "extended project administrator" functions, etc. There is some overlap of things that a Jira Admin would need to get involved with on a daily basis, such as JQL, dashboards, etc, but ACP-JA is more a test of how to be a company's Jira admin. 

ACP-JA is a tough test. My team works with Jira for a living for our clients.  There is scarcely a topic that we haven't worked on that can be done in Jira.  It was difficult for us, so be sure that you are prepared. I took it and passed it when the test first came out a couple years ago. I watched the prep video and took notes on all the topics that they discussed. I then searched for Atlassian documentation and clicked around in Jira to refresh my knowledge.

You are correct on all the non-ACP-600 certs as of today. You need to go to a testing center to take the tests. I would recommend taking the prep course. You should also download the version of Jira that is mentioned in the syllabus and familiarize yourself with the defaults, as well as the built-in functionality. Don't install any Apps, as the test is on a bare naked Jira without any Apps.

Good luck!

Hannes October 7, 2019

Thanks Dave!

Your advice is very welcome :) So I have an idea of the certification and how to focus. Can you compare the JIRA Admin Certification to the Confluence Admin Certification? I'm experienced in both tools and currently I'm not sure what's better to proceed. Even as I'm interested in both tools I'd prefer currently to go for the more easy one and than proceed with the other one.

If there's anyone having other advice regarding the JIRA Admin, I would really be interested in this! :)

Best,

Hannes

Like Kat Warner likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events