Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to Atlassian Certifications

71 comments

Comment

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2020

Even with new plans in place, there will be a significant gap, especially for those who need to transition from server to cloud. Also, assuming that there will be a Cloud version of the Cloud Cert, and assuming it's like the Jira Cloud Cert, candidates will have to deal with a lot of material that, quite frankly, is above and beyond the subject matter to the point of irrelevance. For example, although site and organization administration is beyond a product admin's capabilities, these topics were in scope for the Jira Cloud Admin exam. These were not simple concepts to get through, and (please, Atlassian, read this) the documentation is convoluted and does not give a straight, simple answer as to who can do what in the various admin roles - which honestly, is a symptom of the documentation overall. I have a thread/rant about the documentation for upgrading applications elsewhere, so I'll stop.

Bottom line, it takes a LOT of time, effort, and dedication to get up to speed on Cloud from Server, and to think a Server person can take a Cloud cert as soon as they're offered without focusing on the additional material on top of the Cloud differences from Server is courting failure.

Like • # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

You are absolutely correct Rob.  Which is why the exam material for the Jira Cloud certifications recommended that you have multiple years of hands on experience before attempting the certification exam.  I think that is very good feedback for Atlassian to hear, as these were the first couple of Cloud Certifications so deciding what subject matter to include could be difficult.

Raymond Ng January 5, 2021

Hi All,

I am interested in pursuing Cloud Certifications for Confluence and Jira Service Management. Does anyone know those Certifications' roadmap and launch timeline? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raymond

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Raymond Ng,

Nothing has been announced by the Atlassian University Team, but they said they would have more information in the New Year, so stayed tuned!  I know I will be :)

-Jimmy

Like • Antoine Berry likes this
Rodney Nissen - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

@JuliaHas there been any update to this?  My team brought this up this morning, and the latest information I could point them to is nearly three months old.

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2021

@Rodney Nissen - ReleaseTEAM , referencing the table in the article: the credential-holders of ACP-CA, ACP-JA and AC-JPA will find that their credential titles have now been updated to "Data Center and Server".  Soon we'll be able to update everyone on the new credentials we've been working on since October's announcement, including a new JSM certification and a new option on the Atlassian Certified Master path.  Is there something specific you wanted an update on?

Julia

Rodney Nissen - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2021

Basically, my questions were:

• Is the information in the first post still up-to-date (Answered, thank you!)
  • Is there any new information on a bridge to other new certs if you have one of the ones that are retiring (where it makes sense)?

I think the answer to my second question, if anything, is "We'll update you when we have an update to give."  As I stated, a discussion came up when I was speaking with my team yesterday, who are worried about their own certs, and I didn't have any new information for them.  So I figured I'd check-in to make sure I didn't miss anything. :)

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Rodney Nissen - ReleaseTEAM , all the retiring certifications people have earned will continue to be recognized by Atlassian until 2 February 2024.  Two of them require continued maintenance by the credential holders:  ACP-JSD Jira Service Desk Administrator, and ACP-JSW Agile Development with Jira Software.   We encourage people to keep these credentials active, so they can easily follow a bridge path to a new Certification.  We have not released any bridge paths yet; they will be released at the time the future Certifications are rolled out.

Alex Kulichkov June 22, 2021

Hello, 

So what is the current way to achieve Atlassian Master level? I currently have ACP120,600,620 and will be taking 100 within next few weeks.

Thanks

Julia
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2021

@Alex Kulichkov , take a look here: https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/844004-atlassian-certified-master

We're just releasing a Pro Skills Badge for Confluence Space Administration.  It's agnostic between Cloud and Data Center.  We also have a Jira Service Project Management certification coming soon.

Either of these could round out what you need.

Alex Kulichkov June 22, 2021

HI @Julia ,

Thanks for the quick response! last time I checked Confluence PRO Badge wasn't out, now i can really push for it.

Thanks a lot!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

@Julia is there any more news yet on: ACP-MJSP Atlassian Certified Jira Service Project Manager for Cloud (Coming in mid 2021)?

Julia
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon , we plan to open registration for that exam in August. Stay tuned!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Thank you @Julia!  This is exactly the information I was looking for!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Can’t wait! @Julia !

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2021

Hey @Julia!

Were half way through August, any more news on: ACP-MJSP Atlassian Certified Jira Service Project Manager for Cloud

Thanks!

Julia
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon , @Antoine Berry , Registration will open on 28th August.  We'll add a new post on Community when all the info is ready for you to take a look at! 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2021

Thank you @Julia I can't wait!

Raymond Ng August 29, 2021

Hi @Julia , I appreciate your effort to drive the MJSP (ACP-420) exam launching now. You are epic! BTW, could you have any discount offer for candidates who sit for this exam (same as ACP-120 launching)? Many thanks. Kind regards, Raymond    

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

Hi @Julia , I might have missed this post, would you have a link to it ? 

Thanks ! 

Julia
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2021

Hi @Antoine Berry , we haven't released the post yet -- we're planning it for next week. :)

Hi @Raymond Ng ,  thanks!!! :). We didn't have a discounted public beta exam for ACP-420, so we don't have a discounted price to offer. 

Best Regards,

Julia

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events