The Atlassian Certification you've been waiting for

Update: Project Administration in Jira Server is here for good! Read our latest article for more information on the release: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Training-Certification-articles/Project-Administration-in-Jira-Server-is-here/ba-p/782126

You spoke and we listened! We're thrilled to share the beta of our brand new Certification for Project Administration in Jira Server. The offering includes a training course and exam voucher. You’ll have until March 31st to complete it all, but it may take you only a couple of days or a week. We wanted to make sure that, as Community leaders, you are among the first try it out and provide feedback. What's even better? The training course and the beta exam are both free!

The course covers all of the tasks and best practices involved in the creation, configuration and maintenance of projects in Jira Software Server. You’ll also have access to hands-on exercises, demonstrations and information about what to expect on the exam, including sample exam questions. Once you feel ready, you can sign up for the exam, and if you pass, voilà - you're Atlassian Certified!

So who is this Certification best suited for? Certified Jira Project Administrators are the power users who know how to configure projects and boards, customize workflows and manage project permissions in their organization's Jira Software Server or Data Center instance. They live in Jira Software day-to-day and can help scale their instance to meet the demand of their business, so their Jira Administrator and teams can get more work done. 

To sign up for the beta Certification, just follow these three simple steps:

1. Go to http://go.atlassian.com/ac-jpa and click Register. You'll need to log in with your Atlassian ID. See the videos linked on this page if you're having trouble logging in.
  2. Once you're in the course, you can get the exam coupon code from the section "Exam Coupon and Instructions." There is a PDF titled, "ACP-600 Exam Coupon Code and Registration," which also gives instructions on how to register for the exam.
  3. Note that you need to install an app to use online proctoring; plan to do this a few days before your exam appointment. Instructions of how to do this are in the section "Exam Coupon and Instructions" under a document titled, "Online Proctoring Setup Instructions."

Beta registration is now open, so get the free course/exam bundle today, and start preparing! Beta testing ends on March 31st or when we have 200 registrants, whichever comes first. We look forward to hearing your feedback, and welcoming a new batch of Atlassian Certified grads.

Cheers!

28 comments

Comment

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2018

Thanks for sharing this with us. Just FYI, the code download bugs out for me.

Nathan Matsushima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

Hi @Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you let me know which document wasn't downloading properly for you? I've gone into the course and have tried myself, but I'm wondering if I'm not understanding what section/resource you're talking about. Thanks in advance and hope to resolve the issue you encountered!

Cheers,

Nathan

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Can't wait to get some feedback/your opinion on the exam and the prep :) 

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Are you planning a similar certification for Confluence?

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

What do you think would be "similiar" in Confluence? Confluence is not as feature-rich and complex as Jira. And there are three skill badges listed (not all available yet) for Confluence to add to a ACP-200. 

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2018

Beta closed already? .. Wow! .. There must be really a lot of "project administrators" that would like to get this certificate early.. Do you plan to open for more participants or 200 is enough? Is this really gonna take 9 hours? :)

Anisha VN March 7, 2018

agree with Mirek here...beta closed so soon! I got this mail like 2 days ago...I would also like to register, pl open it again...

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi Mirek, Anisha,

Yes, we had a lot of demand on the first day, so registration is closed.  General availability is scheduled for late April.

The training course is ~9 hours.  You'd follow it with study and preparation.  The exam itself allows up to 3 hours to complete.

-Atlassian Certification Team

LeKisha Boswell March 8, 2018

The early bird not only gets the worm - but also gets to test! :) Unfortunately, I'm a night owl :( 

Like hemant sharma likes this
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Excited to take a crack at this cert! Thanks for the opportunity!

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2018

@Julia- Thank you for reply. I though I follow up on your answer but it looks like it was not saved. Anyway my point is that if demand was so high next time you would need to think about when exactly a registration link is published or maybe provide a separate one for different parts of the world. Everyone should have same chance to register for that kind of opportunities. FYI - @Ada Chen

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2018

Glad to see that this offering will be available soon.

Julia
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2018

Great point, Mirek. We were all surprised by the demand, frankly. We expected it to take several days to fill the seats. :-)

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2018

I'd love to give it a shot next time it is open.

Andrea Mendez
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2018

Awesome, thanks for sharing this with us :)

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2018

This is opening up Atlassian Certification for a much greater / broader audience!

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2018

Great certification so far, took it a few days ago, can't wait for results and feedback!

Good luck everyone!

Pete Bladon April 18, 2018

The Project Administration course and material was excellent. I took the beta test in late March. When compared to older training courses from Atlassian - Confluence Admin or JIRA Admin it was refreshing and encouraging to see that Atlassian has listened to the community and have spent the extra time building out a well balanced and fair certification process with the Project Administration Cert, backed by the best training material we have seen to date. Good job everyone involved.

Tahmaseb Mehrabian April 20, 2018

Beyond a doubt, the course and exam preparation materials of the ACP-600 were awesome. The Project Administration in JIRA Server book and lab book were very well written and put together. The audio instruction was very clear and had an excellent pace! The instructor was very clear, articulated and her presentation of the course materials was very easy to understand and follow. In addition, the well written exam questions were easy to understand and had a good stride. In summary, I would like to thank everyone who were involved and put so much efforts to give us a chance to challenge this exam.

Satish Tatikonda April 25, 2018

I am New hear, looking for JIRA administration Related Certification.

LeKisha Boswell April 26, 2018

@satish Tati - Welcome! Check out information related to ACP-100.

Krishna m May 2, 2018

I am trying to take Jira certification . Can any one help me Choose between ACP-600 and ACP-100? which one would be good for a beginner to take ? Your help is much appreciated.

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2018

@Krishna m I've taken both, and for a beginner, I would strongly recommend starting out with ACP-600. The training and documentation is fantastic, and walks you through each aspect of the Project Administration in Jira.

Krishna m May 2, 2018

Thank you so much @zack

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2018

Hi @Krishna m, definitely agree with Zack, ACP-600 is an easier start and will cover a limited scope but fundamentals are there. That would also be my suggestion!

Let us know if you manage to pass :)

Best luck!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events